Max Plus UPLOAD Speed

Contributor

Max Plus UPLOAD Speed

[ Edited ]

I was just told over the phone multiple times by a representative that U-verse Max Plus (18 Mbps download speed) carries a 10 Mbps upload speed. I told the person that I researched and found that it was supposed to have 1.5 Mbps upload speed, and he told me that information was false.

I'm at work right now. Should I expect to return home to 10 Mbps upload speed or was this person giving me false information?

Message 1 of 4 (579 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Max Plus UPLOAD Speed

You are correct and they are wrong.  I have the same Max 18 as you and I'm seeing about 21 down and 1.53 up consistently.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (524 Views)
Contributor

I have the MaxPro 24 and you are getting better upload speeds than I am download. My download speeds at 10:30AM CT, 2/9/14 were ATT SPEEDTEST - 7.39/2.95; SPEEDTEST - 3.03/2.87. They are not much higher now at 11:15AM CT. I have no idea what to tell you beyond what I've been told: "THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL GET WIRELESS SERVICE AT ALL, NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK OR FOR WHICH YOU ARE PAYING." The "up to..." benchmark on a technical basis is...18.00 download speed by ethernet cable attachment, if you are PAYING for 24. If you are scoring less than the benchmark the technical support use on the upload...GOOD LUCK! I've been trying since Jan 3rd to send an email w/a single picture attachment. I'm timing out before it can complete. My laptop has been picked over with a FINE TOOTH COMB by both AT&T and PRIVATE maintenance technicians and they all agree on 1 thing..."we are finding nothing on our end, we are finding nothing on your end. I'll transfer you to..." After 6 weeks, we are working on a possible solution, "I'll call you periodically to see how things are performing. You, monitor what happens and take notes on the circumstances of the issue at hand each time. When I call you...fill me in and we'll go from there."

In spite of the "best effort",THANK YOU ALL Smiley Happy, of 68 techs, 2 private maintanance contracts (ATT ConnecTech is one of them) and the 'crisis management" team, my "high speed wireless" U-verse gateway frequency is running about the same as the original wireless speeds from 10 yrs. ago. They've improved the quality of the frequency somewhat by installing a new gateway and wiring but..........

the perverbial "DON'T CALL US, WE'LL CALL YOU! WE'RE STILL WORKING ON GETTING IT FIXED" is where the tech support stands. I do appreciate their efforts very, very much but...6 weeks, really?????? "Ethernet connection is your only option to get even close to the speeds you've gotten in the past and are still paying to receive." REALLY...........?

Message 3 of 4 (446 Views)
ACE - Expert

Slycat, you have made two ong, rambling posts now about how bad your situation is.

Would you like some help from the community, or are you just venting?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (431 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.