Many unresolved issues from my U-verse installation and service

Teacher

Many unresolved issues from my U-verse installation and service

Rather than a question, this is more of a complaint (rant?) about my U-verse TV and internet installation, which was done on early May of this year. The technician who did the initial installation spent around 6 hours and didn't do a good job. He first tried to connect the U-verse gateway in a phone jack in my kitchen, but couldn't retrieve the phone cable, and ended tearing down the phone cable inside my kitchen wall (that phone jack in the kitchen doesn't work anymore). He finally installed the gateway in my bedroom, but left a number of loose cables and connections in that phone jack, in my attic and in the phone box outside. After that initial terrible installation, I have had at least 4 more technicians come to my place in a period of 5 weeks to fix different issues with my U-verse (TV and internet working intermittently or not working at all - and I have one more technician visit scheduled for this Saturday, because my TV and internet stopped working again). And none of the technicians have been able or willing to fix that torn phone cable inside my kitchen wall.

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with U-verse. On top of that torn phone cable and damaged phone jack in my kitchen, I have had intermittent TV and internet service, or no service at all. I have had 5 technician visits (six, if we count the next one this Saturday) over the 5-week period I had U-verse. And if I dare suggest I will cancel the service, I am pretty they will make me pay the $180 early cancellation fee. Extremely disappointed with U-verse so far.

Message 1 of 26 (1,099 Views)
Teacher

Re: Many unresolved issues from my U-verse installation and service

David, just spent 1 h in the phone with AT&T landline services. They said they will reconnect my landline phone service by July 8 (the earliest they could do it, according to them). Let's hope they fulfill their promise. I guess I will be contacting you again after July 8 to follow up on repairing that torn phone cable and phone jack in my kitchen. Thanks for your help again, and hopefully we can get this issue resolved.

Message 16 of 26 (1,098 Views)
Community Support

That sounds great. Thank you for the update. Let's hope it's all smooth sailing from here. We look forward to hearing back from you once your number is activated again.

Also, I was able to contact the technician that went out there on Saturday and it appears that he was able to repair the line. I ran a few tests and everything looks great like the way it use to be before your troubles. Let us know if you run into any further issues and we would be glad to assist.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 26 (1,098 Views)
Teacher

David, finally AT&T landline services reconnected my home phone line with a delay of one week. My new account number is (Removed for security reasons) (as this is a new service, they changed slightly my account number; before it was (Removed for security reasons). Now we can go ahead and try to fix the phone jack and the torn phone cable inside my kitchen wall, as we agreed before. Could you please contact AT&T landline repair to have those repaired in my house? Again, many thanks for your help in trying to resolve these issues.

Message 18 of 26 (1,098 Views)
Community Support

Thank you for that information. I am glad everything was finally resolved. We will contact you and get this all fixed.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 19 of 26 (1,098 Views)
Teacher

David, just an update: an U-Verse technician came today and tried to replace the torn phone cable inside my kitchen wall, but he couldn't do it. He told me he will make a claim to have a contractor come to my house to fix this issue. He told me somebody should be contacting me on Monday or Tuesday to make arrangements. Hopefully this issue will get fixed soon. Again, many thanks for all your assistance in trying to get this issue solved.

Message 20 of 26 (1,098 Views)
Community Support

I am glad they were able to put a claim in for you, and that makes sense, also. I was wondering why none of the technicians were able to correct that issue for you, but it appears it is something that is bigger than what we are capable of handling. I have seen these situations before, and can say that although the claim can seem like a slow process, the issue is always resolved. Let us know if you run into any other issues, and we would be glad to help.

Employee Contributor*
Message 21 of 26 (1,098 Views)
Teacher

David: a couple of weeks ago, the U-verse technician (Johnathon - sorry, don’t have his last name) contacted his supervisors, and then they asked me to find a contractor to repair that torn cable and phone jack in my kitchen wall. I have been trying to find a contractor since then, but so far I have been unsuccessful. I contacted several contractors, but was turned down every time. One told me that this job is ‘kind of small’.

Could you please further assist me in solving this issue? AT&T U-verse should know many more contractors than I do, and should have an easier time convincing one to repair this cable (and after all, that first U-verse technician who did the initial installation was the one who tore that cable in my kitchen wall). The U-verse technician I have been dealing lately with is Johnathon, and his supervisors are Derek Decoux and Eric Bridgewater.

I must say that after talking to you, all of the U-verse issues have been solved and the TV and internet have been working flawlessly so far. For that I am very grateful to you (and to the technician who fixed it at once, Amanda). The only thing remaining is that torn cable in my kitchen wall. Can you please help me to finally solve this last issue?

Thanks,

Francisco

Message 22 of 26 (1,098 Views)
Community Support

Hi Francisco,

I am glad everything is working great. Unfortunately, I will not be able to help you find a contractor. When it comes to suggesting a contractor or even a product, company policy prevents us from putting our backing behind anything or even suggesting it. When we do, there is a rigorous process behind it. I deeply apologize for all your troubles, and the only thing I can really suggest is trying to go through the yellow pages, but it sounds like you may have already done that.

Employee Contributor*
Message 23 of 26 (1,098 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

You might try and electrician.  Some of them handle communications wiring although most don't know how to connect it and make it work.  That would at least get the wire in place.

Another option might be hiring someone like a handy man.  I know we have several here in SA, TX that advertise.  One is called Rent a Husband.  Not kidding either.  That's their name.  Just thinking something like that might work for you.

You might also stop in or call one of your local home improvement stores and see if they have anyone they can recommend.  I know they usually have lists of contractors they will get for you to install items bought at their stores such as cabinetry, counter tops, carpet, tile, etc.  They may also know someone for this kind of work?

Other than folks like that I'm not sure where else to tell you to look.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 24 of 26 (1,098 Views)
Teacher

Thanks for your suggestions beebeesa. David, would any of the people beebeesa suggested work? (i.e., would U-verse pay for the services of an electrician / handy man / etc., or does it have something like a licensed contractor?)

Message 25 of 26 (1,098 Views)
Community Support

I am pretty sure that U-verse will take care of it as long as the person you are going through has an officially registered business. To be safe, it would be best to ask Derek or Eric to see how they filed the claim report and what is listed as acceptable work on that claim.

Employee Contributor*
Message 26 of 26 (1,098 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.