Main DVR freezes up even after restart

Contributor

Main DVR freezes up even after restart

Main DVR freezes up even after restart. Link light is on. It goes through the cog screens and startup screeen  then works for 10 seconds the freezes. I did use my phone app to troubleshoot and it said I need a new gateway? Which is now here. But I'm not so sure taht is my problem.I do have a 2nd wireless tv connection that is working fine. If my gateway wa sbad would that tv not work also?

Message 1 of 4 (1,880 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Main DVR freezes up even after restart

If the DVR is plugged in using a patch cord to the AT&T router try changing the port on the router it's plugged into.  There should be 4.  Change it to a spare one and if there is not a spare swap the DVR one with another one.  See if that helps. If so I would suspect that the port is bad on the router.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (1,870 Views)
Contributor

Thank you for you reply...I did try that..no luck...just got done with a chat session with CS...will be getting a new dvr in 48hrs....problem solved I hope..

Message 3 of 4 (1,862 Views)
ACE - Master

Okay good!!  Post back if you need additional assistance.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (1,841 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.