Helpful Links

MTV Series Recording...help

Tutor

MTV Series Recording...help

I recently set up two different series recordings on MTV. I set them up for "First Run Only" and when I go look at my list of scheduled recording it is recording everytime the shows are on, I have tried to change the time settings with no luck. How do I get it to only record one episode of the first run shows and not everytime the shows are on?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: MTV Series Recording...help

Wasa516 - How about - Under Time select once a day.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

I have tried that, with no luck.

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Master

I ran into the same issue a few weeks ago, with the MTV show "Catfish."  Either the Guide Provider that AT&T uses (the worst out there) or MTV failed to provide an Original Air Date (OAD).  When the DVR sees no OAD, it records any/all.   Catfish no longer does this but I'm not surprised that other shows are doing this.  My suggestion go daily into your list of scheduled DVR programs and delete the erroneous ones.  They may pop back up, however.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Employee

Wasa516 wrote:

I recently set up two different series recordings on MTV. I set them up for "First Run Only" and when I go look at my list of scheduled recording it is recording everytime the shows are on, I have tried to change the time settings with no luck. How do I get it to only record one episode of the first run shows and not everytime the shows are on?

Thanks.

What shows are you trying to record? Your post didn't say.

Thanks,

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7
Mentor

this has been an issue with MTV shows for as long as I can remember. Not sure if its MTV or the guide provider.
Message 6 of 7
Employee

jgold47 wrote:
this has been an issue with MTV shows for as long as I can remember. Not sure if its MTV or the guide provider.

WHAT shows?? Not - oh just every one of them...If you can't point to anything specific, no one can help you

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support