Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 4, 2013
3:42:09 PM
View profile
MTV Series Recording...help

I recently set up two different series recordings on MTV. I set them up for "First Run Only" and when I go look at my list of scheduled recording it is recording everytime the shows are on, I have tried to change the time settings with no luck. How do I get it to only record one episode of the first run shows and not everytime the shows are on?

Thanks.

I recently set up two different series recordings on MTV. I set them up for "First Run Only" and when I go look at my list of scheduled recording it is recording everytime the shows are on, I have tried to change the time settings with no luck. How do I get it to only record one episode of the first run shows and not everytime the shows are on?

Thanks.

MTV Series Recording...help

6 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 3:51:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Wasa516 - How about - Under Time select once a day.
Wasa516 - How about - Under Time select once a day.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: MTV Series Recording...help

2 of 7 (407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 4:51:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have tried that, with no luck.

I have tried that, with no luck.

3 of 7 (388 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 7:31:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I ran into the same issue a few weeks ago, with the MTV show "Catfish."  Either the Guide Provider that AT&T uses (the worst out there) or MTV failed to provide an Original Air Date (OAD).  When the DVR sees no OAD, it records any/all.   Catfish no longer does this but I'm not surprised that other shows are doing this.  My suggestion go daily into your list of scheduled DVR programs and delete the erroneous ones.  They may pop back up, however.

I ran into the same issue a few weeks ago, with the MTV show "Catfish."  Either the Guide Provider that AT&T uses (the worst out there) or MTV failed to provide an Original Air Date (OAD).  When the DVR sees no OAD, it records any/all.   Catfish no longer does this but I'm not surprised that other shows are doing this.  My suggestion go daily into your list of scheduled DVR programs and delete the erroneous ones.  They may pop back up, however.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (343 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 11:54:23 AM
(0)
Employee

Wasa516 wrote:

Thanks.

What shows are you trying to record? Your post didn't say.

Thanks,

Wasa516 wrote:

Thanks.

What shows are you trying to record? Your post didn't say.

Thanks,

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 7:26:27 PM
(0)
Mentor
this has been an issue with MTV shows for as long as I can remember. Not sure if its MTV or the guide provider.
this has been an issue with MTV shows for as long as I can remember. Not sure if its MTV or the guide provider.

6 of 7 (262 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 4:59:51 AM
(0)
Employee

jgold47 wrote:

WHAT shows?? Not - oh just every one of them...If you can't point to anything specific, no one can help you

jgold47 wrote:

WHAT shows?? Not - oh just every one of them...If you can't point to anything specific, no one can help you

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (220 Views)