Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 18, 2013
10:40:46 AM
View profile
MLB Extra Inings

I'm sure this is probably a subject that has been beat to death so please forgive me in advance but why does U-Verse offer NBA League Pass (which i have purchased both years) but not MLB Extra Innings. It just doesnt make any sense why this package cant be purchased but the NBA can. Anyone have insight into this? Thanks

I'm sure this is probably a subject that has been beat to death so please forgive me in advance but why does U-Verse offer NBA League Pass (which i have purchased both years) but not MLB Extra Innings. It just doesnt make any sense why this package cant be purchased but the NBA can. Anyone have insight into this? Thanks

MLB Extra Inings

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 1:01:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

NBA and MLB are two different entities who negotiate separately and price things differently. I understand the similarity of product, but that's about it.

NBA and MLB are two different entities who negotiate separately and price things differently. I understand the similarity of product, but that's about it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: MLB Extra Inings

2 of 7 (598 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 1:04:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

AT&T was able to come to an agreement with the NBA as far as cost and placement of NBA League Pass. In the case of MLB Extra Innings, AT&T has not yet been able to come to an agreement as far as cost and placement with Major League Baseball. If they had, we would have MLB Extra Innings on U-Verse at this time. It is as simple as that. It is all about the cost of business.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

AT&T was able to come to an agreement with the NBA as far as cost and placement of NBA League Pass. In the case of MLB Extra Innings, AT&T has not yet been able to come to an agreement as far as cost and placement with Major League Baseball. If they had, we would have MLB Extra Innings on U-Verse at this time. It is as simple as that. It is all about the cost of business.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 1:45:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by americangame on Jul 19, 2013 at 5:30:32 AM

Another issue with extra innings is that it is operated by inDEMAND. inDEMAND is owned by a conglorimate of cable companies and doesn't like to play nice with cable alternatives such as U-Verse.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Another issue with extra innings is that it is operated by inDEMAND. inDEMAND is owned by a conglorimate of cable companies and doesn't like to play nice with cable alternatives such as U-Verse.

-------

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 1:51:15 PM
(0)
Scholar

But yet they let their services be on Direct TV?

5 of 7 (567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 7:31:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Npanzeca wrote:

Direct has the more subscribers and can afford to pay more.  Big difference between 25 Million and 4.4 million.  Though it's not as popular as it once was, NFL Sunday Ticket is a reason DirectTV has more subscribers.  It's still exclusive to them for now.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Npanzeca wrote:

Direct has the more subscribers and can afford to pay more.  Big difference between 25 Million and 4.4 million.  Though it's not as popular as it once was, NFL Sunday Ticket is a reason DirectTV has more subscribers.  It's still exclusive to them for now.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

6 of 7 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 5:31:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

Npanzeca wrote:

DirecTv also doesn't mind shelling out the extra cash to be considered the "Sports Provider"

-------

oufanindallas wrote:

Npanzeca wrote:

DirecTv also doesn't mind shelling out the extra cash to be considered the "Sports Provider"

-------

7 of 7 (480 Views)