Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 24, 2013
4:29:57 PM
View profile
Looking for help guide for using facebook app on tv.

Just thought I'd try the facebook app on tv. It seems very limited-such as reading posts on your wall-I can see a couple of lines but there doesn't seem to be a way to scroll and read a whole post. I'll admit I absolutely hate using apps and prefer to go old-school on my tablet and use the actual website as long as possible! lol Since I don't go the app route very often I don't have a lot of experience with how they work/look but I would think you should at least be able to see an entire post! These kind of things are exactly why I avoid apps if I can. Can anyone tell me if that is how the app works, and is it supposed to be a limited view because if so I probably won't bother using it again-and is there any kind of help guide for it?

Just thought I'd try the facebook app on tv. It seems very limited-such as reading posts on your wall-I can see a couple of lines but there doesn't seem to be a way to scroll and read a whole post. I'll admit I absolutely hate using apps and prefer to go old-school on my tablet and use the actual website as long as possible! lol Since I don't go the app route very often I don't have a lot of experience with how they work/look but I would think you should at least be able to see an entire post! These kind of things are exactly why I avoid apps if I can. Can anyone tell me if that is how the app works, and is it supposed to be a limited view because if so I probably won't bother using it again-and is there any kind of help guide for it?

Looking for help guide for using facebook app on tv.

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2013 4:55:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Very limited view.  What I think this app would be best at is sharing on FB what you're watching.

Very limited view.  What I think this app would be best at is sharing on FB what you're watching.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Looking for help guide for using facebook app on tv.

2 of 7 (434 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 2:26:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Nov 26, 2013 at 2:44:37 PM

They had a chance to make that app into a full featured one but it's more of a self serving "hey, look at what dhascall is watching on AT&T U-Verse," than a FB app.  Smiley Happy

They had a chance to make that app into a full featured one but it's more of a self serving "hey, look at what dhascall is watching on AT&T U-Verse," than a FB app.  Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (390 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2015 8:52:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

How do you access the facebook app on your TV? I accidentally came across it a couple months ago & now I cant find it. Ive tried Everything I know. Thanks! christine

How do you access the facebook app on your TV? I accidentally came across it a couple months ago & now I cant find it. Ive tried Everything I know. Thanks! christine

4 of 7 (186 Views)
(2)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2015 9:00:11 PM
(2)
ACE - Master

The Uverse Facebook App is no longer available.

The Uverse Facebook App is no longer available.

5 of 7 (179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2015 9:21:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank You

Thank You

6 of 7 (172 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2015 11:25:31 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hey @chedrick,

We no longer have the Facebook app available on U-verse.

ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hey @chedrick,

We no longer have the Facebook app available on U-verse.

ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (115 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments