Long-time series record settings changed from HD to SD.

Mentor

Long-time series record settings changed from HD to SD.

How did this happwn?

Message 1 of 23 (883 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Long-time series record settings changed from HD to SD.

I can't even imagine how this would happen, since the channel numbers would be different.

Any more details?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 23 (871 Views)
ACE - Expert

gillenr - Please post the channel you are refering to & what you base the assertion on.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 23 (863 Views)
Mentor

Never seen it on any net but CBS - NCIS, NCIS LA & Hawaii 50.

Message 4 of 23 (835 Views)
ACE - Expert

So... you had series record set up for channel 10xx (I don't know what channel your local CBS affiliate is on) and it was working, but now your series record is set up for channel 0xx for this same program?

Message 5 of 23 (834 Views)
Mentor

Yes - ch 1002.

Message 6 of 23 (813 Views)
ACE - Expert

You used to have the recordings on 1002, but now they're suddenly on 002.  Is that right?

Message 7 of 23 (800 Views)
Mentor

yes

Message 8 of 23 (785 Views)
ACE - Expert

That's the first time I've ever heard of that.  Keep my ears open, though.

I my house, I'd suspect someone else of changing the setting to make for more record space.  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 23 (764 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

gillenr wrote:

How did this happwn?

I also have never seen this happen.  Can you look in your list of Series recordings to see if two NCIS's show up (one on 1002 and one on 2)?  The reason that I ask is that once in a while, a perfectly good series, stops recording.  You have to set up a new one.  Could it be that that the HD one stopped working and someone else set up a new one, on SD?  One of the weaknesses of the U-Verse DVR is the ability to edit the channel # on a series recording.  So, I don';t think it could change, on its own.

Message 10 of 23 (727 Views)
Mentor

Checked all you mentioned & OK.

Message 11 of 23 (715 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

gillenr wrote:

Checked all you mentioned & OK.

What is OK?  If you checked the series recordings that are now only ones on channel "2" and you do not see any for "1002" I would have to think that it never was recorded on 1002 in the first place or someone started a new series recording on 2 and deleted the 1002 one.

AFAIK - The only way of changing the channel for a recorded program is on the back end, at AT&T.  For instance lets say that the imaginary American Horror Network" is on channel 145.  AT&T wants to move it to channel 171.  They can edit it and change it - but they change it for all users.  If the channel 1002 shows were changed to be recorded on channel 2, we would be hearing from more than one person, lol.

I'm sorry but your posts have been just a bit (Bob Eucker voice) short on details.  We're not 100% sure what you are asking.  Are you actually saying the channel # changed OR is what you are saying is that the Picture Quality looks like Standard Def and not HD?  If that is the case, then the station may had trouble with their HD equipment and substitued the SD picture on the HD channel.  THAT happens quite often!  Not an AT&T issue, but a station/channel issue.  Our local FOX station (59) has this issue in reverse.  Their SD picture is often unwatchable.  They try to cram the HD picture on the SD channel and the picture is far too wide.

Message 12 of 23 (700 Views)
Mentor

I'll try to say it as simply as possible for you.

1) 3 program series record was set to channel 1002.

2) just recently - for two weeks - the playback was in SD & the info showed ch 2.

3) Checked series settings & they had not changed. I deleted & reset the series settings & so far so good.

4) It is much more likely a Uverse problem than a WBBM problem.

5) No one in the home changed anything - see #3!

Message 13 of 23 (677 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

gillenr wrote:

I'll try to say it as simply as possible for you.

1) 3 program series record was set to channel 1002.

2) just recently - for two weeks - the playback was in SD & the info showed ch 2.

How did you know originally that the recording was in SD?  i.e. what made you check?  As I have stated before, if the HD equipment at WBBM went bonkers they might substitute the SD.  HOWEVER: If the list of recorded programs shows 2 and you had set it to 1002, then that would be a problem.  See #3

3) Checked series settings & they had not changed. I deleted & reset the series settings & so far so good.

Again, I have never heard of U-Verse changing a recorded series from an HD channel to a sub-1000 channel.  And no one else has reported this issue.  Could U-Verse be doing some testing on some new "smart" interface that would switch to SD when all of the HD streams were in use?  Who knows but doubtful.  This one will have to remain a mystery.

4) It is much more likely a Uverse problem than a WBBM problem.

5) No one in the home changed anything - see #3!

Thanks for providing much more specifics.

If you really wanted to investigate it, you could send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care.  The Social Media Team has access to all sorts of info from your DVR and servers could possibly let you know what happened.

Message 14 of 23 (666 Views)
Mentor

As I said before, it is a Uverse problem, & they will not own up & as usual, they will push it on the user.

When will they understand that som  of us have functioning brains & understand their strategy of obfuscation since most users are cluless.

In addition, their synchophants here will support them.

Message 15 of 23 (645 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.