Long-time series record settings changed from HD to SD.

Mentor

Long-time series record settings changed from HD to SD.

How did this happwn?

Message 1 of 23
ACE - Expert

Re: Long-time series record settings changed from HD to SD.

gillenr, all I've said is that I've never seen such behavior.

I've not (yet) said that the ocurrence you've described is so strange as to be completely out of character for the way this system works and therefore pretty much unbelievable as described (though it is).

No one here has called you any name (e.g. "syncophant").

When you describe something this strange, I'm afraid the burden of proof is on you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 23
ACE - Master

I know Hawaii 5 O switched the night it airs on this season.  It's now on Friday evenings vs. Monday (I believe it was).  My DVR picked up the change and automatically moved my series recording to Friday AND kept the same channel so there must be some intelligence built into the algorithm somewhere. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 23
ACE - Master

gillenr wrote:

As I said before, it is a Uverse problem, & they will not own up & as usual, they will push it on the user.

When will they understand that som  of us have functioning brains & understand their strategy of obfuscation since most users are cluless.

In addition, their synchophants here will support them.

HEY NOW!  That's what you call profiling!  Smiley Mad

Message 18 of 23
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:

gillenr wrote:

As I said before, it is a Uverse problem, & they will not own up & as usual, they will push it on the user.

When will they understand that som  of us have functioning brains & understand their strategy of obfuscation since most users are cluless.

I was willing to listen and give the benefit of the doubt (of an obvious user end goof or non-issue in the first place)  until I read his/her first paragraph.  I'm out, lol.

Message 19 of 23
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

gillenr wrote:

I was willing to listen and give the benefit of the doubt (of an obvious user end goof or non-issue in the first place)  until I read his/her first paragraph.  I'm out, lol.

Perhaps we're all in sync so we ARE synchophants vs. sychophants.

And I'll admit it....I'm pretty clueless most of the time.

Message 20 of 23
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:

dhascall wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

gillenr wrote:

Perhaps we're all in sync so we ARE synchophants vs. sychophants.

And I'll admit it....I'm pretty clueless most of the time.

We all must be clueless to the fact, that there are gremlins that get inside of our DVR and subtract 1,000 from the series recorded channel.  

Message 21 of 23
Voyager

Same problem here, and its even weirder than just the series changing from the SD to the HD.   My kids have several Disney channel shows that they have had series set for(some of them) a year or two.   This particular show "Jessie" is set to series record on 302(SD) first run only.  If I look at scheduled recordings, there is a Jessie set to record on Sunday(12/1) morning at 8:30am on Disney XD HD, which is channel 1304(a different Disney network and SD vs HD).  And then it gets even more weird.  If I look at Info on that particular Jessie scheduled recording, and select Series info, it gives me the series info for one of their other series - Crash and Bernstein on Disney XD HD(1304).  These mismatches just popped up in the past couple of days, but are all across at least their Disney shows(better not be my shows!  :-) )

I thought that maybe if I rebooted and then it downloaded the listings (which occurred about 1.5 hours after I power-cycled the DVR), maybe that would fix it.   But no affect, the damage appears done.   I've had a couple of other times in the past few months where it wasnt recording a series or recording the wrong time and I had to delete and recreate, but this is by far the biggest example of the series info getting corrupted.

Message 22 of 23
Highlighted
ACE - Master

drager21 wrote:

Same problem here, and its even weirder than just the series changing from the SD to the HD.   My kids have several Disney channel shows that they have had series set for(some of them) a year or two.   This particular show "Jessie" is set to series record on 302(SD) first run only.  If I look at scheduled recordings, there is a Jessie set to record on Sunday(12/1) morning at 8:30am on Disney XD HD, which is channel 1304(a different Disney network and SD vs HD).  And then it gets even more weird.  If I look at Info on that particular Jessie scheduled recording, and select Series info, it gives me the series info for one of their other series - Crash and Bernstein on Disney XD HD(1304).  These mismatches just popped up in the past couple of days, but are all across at least their Disney shows(better not be my shows!  :-) )

I thought that maybe if I rebooted and then it downloaded the listings (which occurred about 1.5 hours after I power-cycled the DVR), maybe that would fix it.   But no affect, the damage appears done.   I've had a couple of other times in the past few months where it wasnt recording a series or recording the wrong time and I had to delete and recreate, but this is by far the biggest example of the series info getting corrupted.

I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  They should be able to determine why this happened or escalate it, further.

Message 23 of 23
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support