Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 21, 2014
7:05:17 PM
Long story but I'm a say false advertisement
We keep getting letters in the mail saying Internet 14.95 a month for Internet. So yah that's keel we call in an ask. When we ask about it they say that's in a bundle. So it makes it fifty bucks not 14.95. We get a letter saying you can choose a TV X box or tablet if u r a new customer with 24.95 as the Internet price not no bundle price it says with qualifying Internet service u can pick one of them. So we called in it was a lie they said qualifying means bundle pack well if that's what yah mean then say it don't. Just say something to get pal to call in put the actual package price. An on top of that if you going to just tell somebody they can't get something don't keep them on the phone for two hours it's a big bunch of crap.............
We keep getting letters in the mail saying Internet 14.95 a month for Internet. So yah that's keel we call in an ask. When we ask about it they say that's in a bundle. So it makes it fifty bucks not 14.95. We get a letter saying you can choose a TV X box or tablet if u r a new customer with 24.95 as the Internet price not no bundle price it says with qualifying Internet service u can pick one of them. So we called in it was a lie they said qualifying means bundle pack well if that's what yah mean then say it don't. Just say something to get pal to call in put the actual package price. An on top of that if you going to just tell somebody they can't get something don't keep them on the phone for two hours it's a big bunch of crap.............

Long story but I'm a say false advertisement

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2014 7:53:43 PM
(0)
Tutor
Yall might not look at it like a lie but I got a letter in the mail saying we could get xbox TV or tablet for free signing up an I called in about it it was a load of crap. It said you could choose one of the three with qualifying Internet plans staring at 24.95 a month. No ware does it say bundle offer I have read it over an over an there is nothing that says bundle so yah I haven't even been signed up for 30 days yet an If I receive this up think I'd b eligible to get one of the 3 an not have to get a bundle yall Know What Service I Have If Somebody Can Get Something Done Send Them Lies. Second time an I have a rep that will back me up........
Yall might not look at it like a lie but I got a letter in the mail saying we could get xbox TV or tablet for free signing up an I called in about it it was a load of crap. It said you could choose one of the three with qualifying Internet plans staring at 24.95 a month. No ware does it say bundle offer I have read it over an over an there is nothing that says bundle so yah I haven't even been signed up for 30 days yet an If I receive this up think I'd b eligible to get one of the 3 an not have to get a bundle yall Know What Service I Have If Somebody Can Get Something Done Send Them Lies. Second time an I have a rep that will back me up........

lie lie lie

2 of 8 (480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2014 8:37:17 PM
(0)
Tutor
I don't believe in lien an UK how many trees u burn just to falsely advertise just to get people to call in just to lie more..............AT&T u should b ashamed it's bait an switch yall Need To Send Microscopes So We Can Read The Fine Print.
I don't believe in lien an UK how many trees u burn just to falsely advertise just to get people to call in just to lie more..............AT&T u should b ashamed it's bait an switch yall Need To Send Microscopes So We Can Read The Fine Print.

I'm a firm believer of sticking to what u say

3 of 8 (415 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2014 10:45:32 PM
(0)
Master

starr2009 wrote:

Actually, it's just advertising. It's doing exactly what it's designed to do. Lure you in and hook you with the well illuminated positives and then reveal the negatives.

No different than any other advertising. Like the commercial for a pill that promises to end your existence as a social pariah due to flaky skin. It shows you pictures of people having fun, going on dates and at the end they have some speed-talker blast through the fourty bad things it can do to you. Or every car ad you see on TV. They all have in small type at the bottom "professional driver, closed course, do not attempt" when all they're showing is someone driving their car down a city street, or worse, when they're showing how their great safety features are gonna save your life. (I guess those only work if your a professional driver?)

All "great deals" come with qualifications and/or limitations, and all advertising is designed to highlight the good and gloss over the bad. Unfortunately it's the responsibility of the consumer to perform due diligence before purchasing. The dictionary says the first known use of the term Caveat Emptor is 1523, which means advertising must have started in 1522.

That being said, did you really think they were going to up and give you something potentially worth $400 bucks just for signing up for $15 a month internet?

starr2009 wrote:

Actually, it's just advertising. It's doing exactly what it's designed to do. Lure you in and hook you with the well illuminated positives and then reveal the negatives.

No different than any other advertising. Like the commercial for a pill that promises to end your existence as a social pariah due to flaky skin. It shows you pictures of people having fun, going on dates and at the end they have some speed-talker blast through the fourty bad things it can do to you. Or every car ad you see on TV. They all have in small type at the bottom "professional driver, closed course, do not attempt" when all they're showing is someone driving their car down a city street, or worse, when they're showing how their great safety features are gonna save your life. (I guess those only work if your a professional driver?)

All "great deals" come with qualifications and/or limitations, and all advertising is designed to highlight the good and gloss over the bad. Unfortunately it's the responsibility of the consumer to perform due diligence before purchasing. The dictionary says the first known use of the term Caveat Emptor is 1523, which means advertising must have started in 1522.

That being said, did you really think they were going to up and give you something potentially worth $400 bucks just for signing up for $15 a month internet?

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Long story but I'm a say false advertisement

4 of 8 (418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2014 11:02:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I can read all the fine print w/my bifocals w/no problem, most people get in trouble cause they never read the offer terms and terms of service. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

I can read all the fine print w/my bifocals w/no problem, most people get in trouble cause they never read the offer terms and terms of service. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I'm a firm believer of sticking to what u say

5 of 8 (391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2014 11:44:12 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for u r comments. An for saying I can't read. I see where I was wrong qualifying Internet does mean bundle Internet deal I Blaim The special needs classes Help Classes For Not Understanding.
Thanks for u r comments. An for saying I can't read. I see where I was wrong qualifying Internet does mean bundle Internet deal I Blaim The special needs classes Help Classes For Not Understanding.

to whomever it concernes

6 of 8 (404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2014 2:23:19 PM
(0)
Tutor
So as I said I got a letter that said qualified Internet plans not bundle plans I Even Was Told By A Rep They Have To Honor It It Doesn't Say New Customer It Says Customer Ordering Internet An I Ordered Internet. Nothing will get done. I posted a remark about it because UK I didn't think they would give it for 15.00 a month it said 24.95 a month doesn't say bundle so I figured that would be bout 30.00 month so ten xterm a month by 12 would be 120.00 be about what ud Give Used. But I get made fun of on the Internet because I miss read it.. Syber bulling I Sorry I Have To Say This I Was Picked On From First Grade Till High school Because I Was In Special Needs Classes It Ain't Right I Don Need It From at&t too. An as for at&t an whom the person is that said that Thank you. I'm sry
So as I said I got a letter that said qualified Internet plans not bundle plans I Even Was Told By A Rep They Have To Honor It It Doesn't Say New Customer It Says Customer Ordering Internet An I Ordered Internet. Nothing will get done. I posted a remark about it because UK I didn't think they would give it for 15.00 a month it said 24.95 a month doesn't say bundle so I figured that would be bout 30.00 month so ten xterm a month by 12 would be 120.00 be about what ud Give Used. But I get made fun of on the Internet because I miss read it.. Syber bulling I Sorry I Have To Say This I Was Picked On From First Grade Till High school Because I Was In Special Needs Classes It Ain't Right I Don Need It From at&t too. An as for at&t an whom the person is that said that Thank you. I'm sry

says savings I even tried corprate

7 of 8 (373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2014 3:12:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
In the legal policy they will explain things in terms u will under stand. Qualifying means bundle I understand that......
In the legal policy they will explain things in terms u will under stand. Qualifying means bundle I understand that......

says

8 of 8 (381 Views)