Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 12, 2013
5:02:42 PM
Login to get Voice messages requires four userids

Whenever I get a voice message, I get an e-mail message with a link to the att.com site to login and get voice messages. The problem I have is that I enter userid and password, which leads to a pop-up window that asks for my e-mail address to be netered twice, and then another page that requires me to again enter userid and password. That is excessive, and I don't understand why this is happening to me.

Can somebody please correct this awful way to retriee messages, please?

Al Jimenez

Whenever I get a voice message, I get an e-mail message with a link to the att.com site to login and get voice messages. The problem I have is that I enter userid and password, which leads to a pop-up window that asks for my e-mail address to be netered twice, and then another page that requires me to again enter userid and password. That is excessive, and I don't understand why this is happening to me.

Can somebody please correct this awful way to retriee messages, please?

Al Jimenez

Login to get Voice messages requires four userids

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 5:20:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
aljimenez - Well, it does sound broken & you will need att to help you with that. But, there are alternatives.

You can download an app to your computer and/or smartphone and/or tablet - http://www.att.com/esupport/vmviewer/. This is different than browser access.

You can call in for messages. Call either an 800 number or your home phone number. If you are calling from home you can set an option that you do not need to enter your PIN.
aljimenez - Well, it does sound broken & you will need att to help you with that. But, there are alternatives.

You can download an app to your computer and/or smartphone and/or tablet - http://www.att.com/esupport/vmviewer/. This is different than browser access.

You can call in for messages. Call either an 800 number or your home phone number. If you are calling from home you can set an option that you do not need to enter your PIN.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Login to get Voice messages requires four userids

2 of 3 (208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 3:27:35 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by aljimenez on Nov 14, 2013 at 4:08:07 PM

Thanks for your reply. I am aware of retrieving messages using the phone. I was not aware of the app, and I will give that a try. However, the website is pretty bad, asking me for credentials very frequently. It appears ATT is very paranoid about security?  Al

EDIT That link leads to a page that has a button to download the app. The button link does not work!

EDIT 2: Does not work with Firefox browser, but works with Google Chrome browser

Thanks for your reply. I am aware of retrieving messages using the phone. I was not aware of the app, and I will give that a try. However, the website is pretty bad, asking me for credentials very frequently. It appears ATT is very paranoid about security?  Al

EDIT That link leads to a page that has a button to download the app. The button link does not work!

EDIT 2: Does not work with Firefox browser, but works with Google Chrome browser

Re: Login to get Voice messages requires four userids

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (176 Views)