Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 27, 2011
4:32:50 AM
View profile
Local on the 8s

I am requesting Uverse to look into obtaining the additional equipment needed from The Weather Channel (The Weather Star) so we can view our LOCAL weather.  I've noticed from previous posts that people have been requesting this as long as 2007 or before.  Why can't Uverse oblige their customers?  I know of several people that will not be switching to Uverse due to this.  My husband wants me to switch back to Comcast because we utilize the Local on the 8s quite often.  Uverse's Weather On Demand cannot even compare to the Weather Channel.

How can I get Uverse's attention in this matter?

I am requesting Uverse to look into obtaining the additional equipment needed from The Weather Channel (The Weather Star) so we can view our LOCAL weather.  I've noticed from previous posts that people have been requesting this as long as 2007 or before.  Why can't Uverse oblige their customers?  I know of several people that will not be switching to Uverse due to this.  My husband wants me to switch back to Comcast because we utilize the Local on the 8s quite often.  Uverse's Weather On Demand cannot even compare to the Weather Channel.

Local on the 8s

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2011 5:14:29 AM
(0)
Professor

Re: Local on the 8s

2 of 6 (414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2011 9:14:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

jerry3808 wrote:

You are much better off if one of your over the air broadcast channels has the AccuWeather.com weather channel as a sub channel. You get much better weather on this channel than you would ever have on local on the 8's.

Save one seldom used television for the local subchannels and buy a converter box. I have one 20 inch analog television with a converter box, and one 19 inch HD television for that purpose.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

jerry3808 wrote:

You are much better off if one of your over the air broadcast channels has the AccuWeather.com weather channel as a sub channel. You get much better weather on this channel than you would ever have on local on the 8's.

Save one seldom used television for the local subchannels and buy a converter box. I have one 20 inch analog television with a converter box, and one 19 inch HD television for that purpose.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2011 11:04:59 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by kryptonite on Jul 27, 2011 at 11:07:08 AM

I use my ipod, my phone, the internet, or the local newscasts for local weather. If it is really bad weather, the local weather reporters will interrupt programming on the broadcast TV channels.

I cannot fathom waiting up to 9 minutes for local weather, when I already have it.

Google "Weather 12345" wheras the numbers are your zip code. Voila!

But to be totally honest, this is your first post, so i'll go easy. It's considered good etiquette to search for an already-existing thread. Replying to one that already exists, instead of starting a thread keeps the forum much more easy to navigate.

I use my ipod, my phone, the internet, or the local newscasts for local weather. If it is really bad weather, the local weather reporters will interrupt programming on the broadcast TV channels.

I cannot fathom waiting up to 9 minutes for local weather, when I already have it.

Google "Weather 12345" wheras the numbers are your zip code. Voila!

But to be totally honest, this is your first post, so i'll go easy. It's considered good etiquette to search for an already-existing thread. Replying to one that already exists, instead of starting a thread keeps the forum much more easy to navigate.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 6:05:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had local on the 8's with Cox Cable but now with Uverse it's really not local. For the amount of money we pay ATT for services you would think they would offer this feature of the Weather Channel to us. That interactive weather channel they have is ok but it doesn't give me the feel its current. .

I had local on the 8's with Cox Cable but now with Uverse it's really not local. For the amount of money we pay ATT for services you would think they would offer this feature of the Weather Channel to us. That interactive weather channel they have is ok but it doesn't give me the feel its current. .

5 of 6 (249 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 6:24:04 AM
(0)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

6 of 6 (191 Views)