Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 4, 2013
2:36:58 PM
View profile
Local Subchannels

I would love to see AT&T add the local subchannels to their line up.  This includes Antenna TV, MeTV, ThisTV and COZI.  Other carriers provide them.  I do not like the option of having a separate antenna to pick these up.  That defeats the purpose of cable.

My location is Overland Park, KS.

I would love to see AT&T add the local subchannels to their line up.  This includes Antenna TV, MeTV, ThisTV and COZI.  Other carriers provide them.  I do not like the option of having a separate antenna to pick these up.  That defeats the purpose of cable.

Local Subchannels

4 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 3:50:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

opksviewer wrote:

ME-TV is on channel 47 (in limited markets).   Rumor would have it that it will be available in all markets in the near future.

opksviewer wrote:

ME-TV is on channel 47 (in limited markets).   Rumor would have it that it will be available in all markets in the near future.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Local Subchannels

2 of 5 (560 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 9:43:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

opksviewer wrote:

MeTV is being added market by market on 136 (no timetable) where it's not on a local channel like skeeter has now.

For the other ones, go here and request them:

http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

opksviewer wrote:

MeTV is being added market by market on 136 (no timetable) where it's not on a local channel like skeeter has now.

For the other ones, go here and request them:

http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (534 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 9:03:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

opksviewer wrote:

I also agree.  Using an antenna definitely defeats the purpose since you can't use the U-Verse DVR to record them.  Our local CBS and NBC stations will move network programming to the subchannels for sporting events on the main channel and we do not have CBS VOD.

opksviewer wrote:

I also agree.  Using an antenna definitely defeats the purpose since you can't use the U-Verse DVR to record them.  Our local CBS and NBC stations will move network programming to the subchannels for sporting events on the main channel and we do not have CBS VOD.

4 of 5 (467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 9:51:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dhascall wrote:

opksviewer wrote:

FWIW, a lot of the primetime shows can be viewed usually a day or so later on Hulu.com or the channel's website. Using a TV sold in the last 3-4 (maybe more?) years, you can hook a laptop or desktop computer up to the TV. Heck, by now, you can probably just use some sort of built-in web browser and go to that site straight on your TV.

dhascall wrote:

opksviewer wrote:

FWIW, a lot of the primetime shows can be viewed usually a day or so later on Hulu.com or the channel's website. Using a TV sold in the last 3-4 (maybe more?) years, you can hook a laptop or desktop computer up to the TV. Heck, by now, you can probably just use some sort of built-in web browser and go to that site straight on your TV.

5 of 5 (359 Views)