List of channels that the DVR cannot record?

Highlighted

List of channels that the DVR cannot record?

I tried to set up a recording on Encore for a movie that will be on during the free preview, but got a message that it does not allow recording.

First of all, is this always the case, or is it just because I don't have access to the channel at the moment (so it's possible that I may be able to record it once the free preview begins)?

Second, is there a list of "unrecordable" channels?  It looks like all of the premium service ones (HBO, Showtime, Starz, Encore) currently don't allow it.

Message 1 of 3 (745 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: List of channels that the DVR cannot record?

[ Edited ]

That Don Guy - My guess is that the switch is not yet thrown. Combine that with the poor error message & it is an explanation.

The error says you cannot record, but it really should say you are not subscribed - same as if you were trying to watch live.

Last free preview I did record an HBO show - as did others. So, I agree with your paren possibility. You need to wait for the free preview to be turned on to set the subscribed flag to allow you to watch or record.

It is good that at&t can easily toggle that activity.

Reminds me - Those of you looking forward to sampling HD on your new sets - Make sure you are connected HDMI or component and aspect is set accordingly. Do it now. If you have a widescreen set you should be connected in this manner. Even if you do not go for the HD tech package.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (744 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: List of channels that the DVR cannot record?

Once the free preview starts, you can record and even watch after it ends.
Until then, no such luck.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (706 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.