Linking Accounts sounds easy, but...

Contributor

Linking Accounts sounds easy, but...

I got my U-Verse service on Friday after weeks of fighting (this is normal in this particular apartment complex, I knew what I was getting myself into). I was not here for the install however, so my Mom (who isn't tech savy) took charge. All fine and dandy, everything went according to plan until today.

I can create a hundred att accounts, but for some reason even when I put in the billing account number I can not create an account that becomes the "primary" account. Since Mom was here and I wasn't, I'm wondering if there was some sort of paperwork that may have been given to her with this very basic stuff on it or...what am I doing so wrong that I can't create a primary account so I can pay my bill?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (293 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Linking Accounts sounds easy, but...

Who ordered the service and who's name is the account under?  The tech should have helped set the account up once the service was activated.  Ask Mom if they went on-line and set up anything before the tech left.  I suspect they did.  She probably set everything up not realizing she was doing so?  

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (286 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

beef71 - There is a nine digit account number. Do you have that? Sounds like you do.

There is a four digit PIN number to be used when making changes on your account when you call in. Do you have that?

When you were activated an e-mail address was selected as your primary ID. You have that, but you do not know that you do. You would need it to create & attach attach sub accounts. You need to go to myatt,com & set up the access with your primary e-mail and a password.

You may be able to establish access with myatt.com using an ID that is not e-mail. I did that with my POTS.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (284 Views)
Contributor

Sadly, the computer was not hooked up to the internet before the technician left. In a strange turn of events, it snowed in Michigan in January, thus delaying me getting home (hence why Mom had to come in at the 11th hour and let the gentleman in the door). So from what I gathered from talking to her, the installer used his own computer to check internet access. Nothing was mentioned about setting up an account, and no piece of paper was left (as has been the case with other ISP's). However, I'll ask her again, but I do not see this being the case.
Message 4 of 6 (273 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

9 digit: Yes. 4 digit: Yes. The other e-mail account I do not have. Is there a specific department that could find this for me (whether on the phone or online)? I've tried the non-email and that was a no-go. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 6 (273 Views)
ACE - Expert

beef71 - I believe if you have the nine digit and the four digit the 2020 number should be able to tell you your primary e-mail account. But, I am not sure.

You can try both billing & tech support. Problem is billing is not in on the WE. You can also send a PM to attcustomercare using this link but same WE problem & may take a day or more after that. - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

What you really need is access to myatt.com. You need to do that. Originally, the main e-mail was required. I think now you can use any ID. Give that a try without using an e-mail format.
Message 6 of 6 (265 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.