Limited Connectivity only on PC's

Contributor

Limited Connectivity only on PC's

I've got a Netgear WN1000RP range extender (the slightly cheaper version of the unit AT&T sells on their web site).

It's connecting to my 2wire router and I have connectivity with my iphones but not with my laptops or xbox.

With my laptop or xbox, I don't get internet access.

I've called Uverse support, but was told:

#1 - they don't recommend any range extenders (despite the fact they sell one)

#2 - they could help me, but I'll have to pay $50

What am I doing wrong??  Why does it work with iphones but not laptops?

If I buy the Netgear model sold by AT&T, will I get support to get it working or will I have to pay extra?

Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Limited Connectivity only on PC's

nclonghorn - Did you try the laptop & xbox really close to the Netgear. I ask because I just had a very similar experience.

I have the att sold model because the 3801 was not reaching where I needed it. It works fine on the ipad. Just tried it on a laptop & the laptop did not see the network. But, it did connect very close to the extender.

When I first installed it, It seemed to create an extension network that I signed on to. But, now I do not see that.

Whatever it is, I believe the att model will not work any different & will not trigger any different level of support. Maybe try netgear forums or support.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (163 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.