Limit to the number of HD streams?

Contributor

Limit to the number of HD streams?

Can you please clarify - is there a limit to the number of HD streams available ?  I am a new customer with a four set tops and four HDTVs.  Do I actually have to jump through hoops to watch HDTV - because if so, this "service" ends tomorrow and I go backto cable (which had no restrictions)....

10 days in, and not very satisfied.....

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master

Re: 6 BOXES but can't watch at the same time.

jim1mcguire wrote:

Can you please clarify - is there a limit to the number of HD streams available ?  I am a new customer with a four set tops and four HDTVs.  Do I actually have to jump through hoops to watch HDTV - because if so, this "service" ends tomorrow and I go backto cable (which had no restrictions)....

Maximum of 4 streams.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4

jim1mcguire wrote:

You can only watch 4 live streams at any one time.  If two or more tvs are watching the same channel it only counts as one stream. If you are watching a recording, it does not count as a stream.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

jim1mcguire - It's not for everyone.

Since it does not have to send the whole catalog all the time, the dance card is unlimited. But, with only four streams it can sometimes be too little. You should be advised before you sign.

With four TVs & four streams you should not have a problem. Must be recordings that are putting you over. They count against the streams. But, watching recordings do not use up incoming streams. So, once you get in the rhythm of recording & watching recordings on a regular basis you should not have a problem.

If not & you have to jump through hoops then you should change providers where the only concern is do they have enough bandwidth to include all the channels you want in their library.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support