Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 9, 2013
7:11:44 PM
View profile
Limit to the number of HD streams?
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 9, 2013 at 9:11:30 PM

Can you please clarify - is there a limit to the number of HD streams available ?  I am a new customer with a four set tops and four HDTVs.  Do I actually have to jump through hoops to watch HDTV - because if so, this "service" ends tomorrow and I go backto cable (which had no restrictions)....

10 days in, and not very satisfied.....

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

Can you please clarify - is there a limit to the number of HD streams available ?  I am a new customer with a four set tops and four HDTVs.  Do I actually have to jump through hoops to watch HDTV - because if so, this "service" ends tomorrow and I go backto cable (which had no restrictions)....

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

Limit to the number of HD streams?

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 7:22:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jim1mcguire wrote:

Maximum of 4 streams.

jim1mcguire wrote:

Maximum of 4 streams.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 6 BOXES but can't watch at the same time.

2 of 4 (467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 7:45:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jim1mcguire wrote:

You can only watch 4 live streams at any one time.  If two or more tvs are watching the same channel it only counts as one stream. If you are watching a recording, it does not count as a stream.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

jim1mcguire wrote:

You can only watch 4 live streams at any one time.  If two or more tvs are watching the same channel it only counts as one stream. If you are watching a recording, it does not count as a stream.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 7:52:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
jim1mcguire - It's not for everyone.

Since it does not have to send the whole catalog all the time, the dance card is unlimited. But, with only four streams it can sometimes be too little. You should be advised before you sign.

With four TVs & four streams you should not have a problem. Must be recordings that are putting you over. They count against the streams. But, watching recordings do not use up incoming streams. So, once you get in the rhythm of recording & watching recordings on a regular basis you should not have a problem.

If not & you have to jump through hoops then you should change providers where the only concern is do they have enough bandwidth to include all the channels you want in their library.
jim1mcguire - It's not for everyone.

Since it does not have to send the whole catalog all the time, the dance card is unlimited. But, with only four streams it can sometimes be too little. You should be advised before you sign.

With four TVs & four streams you should not have a problem. Must be recordings that are putting you over. They count against the streams. But, watching recordings do not use up incoming streams. So, once you get in the rhythm of recording & watching recordings on a regular basis you should not have a problem.

If not & you have to jump through hoops then you should change providers where the only concern is do they have enough bandwidth to include all the channels you want in their library.

4 of 4 (442 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments