Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 17, 2014
11:29:43 PM
Lies about Billing, tired of it
I have been an at&t customer many years and I am getting tired of the lies since going to uverse. When I first signed up 2 years ago for uverse I did not get the monthly pricing I was supposed to and instead of the $250 reward card I had to settle for a $25 one. But I overlooked that, just happy to have uverse

Now my bill is so high compared to all att's competition, and even their own new customer uverse bundle prices, that I decided to call and get a better deal or cancel my services. After a little negotiating I was able to get my uverse tv, internet bundle down from $145 to $105 a month, or so I thought.

Now I see that my bill will only be going down $15 a month and $10 of that is from cancelling HD. Now I am supposedly locked into a year contract for services I was lied to about getting.

Is switching from uverse to someone else my only solution?

I dont think I will be happy with the price I negotiated, after they lied once again, even if they were to fix the price!

I have been an at&t customer many years and I am getting tired of the lies since going to uverse. When I first signed up 2 years ago for uverse I did not get the monthly pricing I was supposed to and instead of the $250 reward card I had to settle for a $25 one. But I overlooked that, just happy to have uverse

Now my bill is so high compared to all att's competition, and even their own new customer uverse bundle prices, that I decided to call and get a better deal or cancel my services. After a little negotiating I was able to get my uverse tv, internet bundle down from $145 to $105 a month, or so I thought.

Now I see that my bill will only be going down $15 a month and $10 of that is from cancelling HD. Now I am supposedly locked into a year contract for services I was lied to about getting.

Is switching from uverse to someone else my only solution?

I dont think I will be happy with the price I negotiated, after they lied once again, even if they were to fix the price!

Lies about Billing, tired of it

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2014 7:25:50 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @YOUNGGUN38 

I apologize for any confusion or misinformation you might have received. We have an excellent Social Media Care team, and one of our manager will be happy to review your account and help you get the best plan possible for your needs. Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @YOUNGGUN38 

I apologize for any confusion or misinformation you might have received. We have an excellent Social Media Care team, and one of our manager will be happy to review your account and help you get the best plan possible for your needs. Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Lies about Billing, tired of it

2 of 5 (554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2014 9:03:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

On April 4, 2014, I called at&t as my yearly promotional price of $19.95 for Uverse Elite was expiring on 4/16/14.  I wanted to downgrade to fast speed internet basic as the Uverse was too expensive.  Dwayne Henry said that I was on luck since he could offer me the Uverse Pro for $14.95 per month.  I told him that I didn't have a phone service just internet and that my wireless phone wasn't with at&t and that I wasn't going to change it.  Dwayne Henry said that it was my lucky day and he could offer me the Uverse Pro for $14.95 and I asked him for how long since if it was for 6 months or a year, I wanted to change to the fast internet basic and be done with it.  I told him that I have the equipment since I had fast speed internet from last year when I changed to uverse.  He said that my next bill would be $14.95 and every month forever.  I was happy about this and even told his supervisor when asked that Dwayne did a great job. My bill for April was a little over $21 and I asked the billing department and said that it was because it was prorated but my May bill would be $14.95.  This was a supervisor who told me this via chat. Today I look at my May bill and it is $39.78 and I called the billing office but it's closed so I chatted with Alan who said that my bill won't be $14.95 but $41 per month and that he doesn't know why Dwayne said that it would be $14.95 per month.  I'm so upset with all the lies.  I have been a customer of At&t for years and so have my family but it's amazing the lies that the representatives tell customers.  Is this how at&t does business??

On April 4, 2014, I called at&t as my yearly promotional price of $19.95 for Uverse Elite was expiring on 4/16/14.  I wanted to downgrade to fast speed internet basic as the Uverse was too expensive.  Dwayne Henry said that I was on luck since he could offer me the Uverse Pro for $14.95 per month.  I told him that I didn't have a phone service just internet and that my wireless phone wasn't with at&t and that I wasn't going to change it.  Dwayne Henry said that it was my lucky day and he could offer me the Uverse Pro for $14.95 and I asked him for how long since if it was for 6 months or a year, I wanted to change to the fast internet basic and be done with it.  I told him that I have the equipment since I had fast speed internet from last year when I changed to uverse.  He said that my next bill would be $14.95 and every month forever.  I was happy about this and even told his supervisor when asked that Dwayne did a great job. My bill for April was a little over $21 and I asked the billing department and said that it was because it was prorated but my May bill would be $14.95.  This was a supervisor who told me this via chat. Today I look at my May bill and it is $39.78 and I called the billing office but it's closed so I chatted with Alan who said that my bill won't be $14.95 but $41 per month and that he doesn't know why Dwayne said that it would be $14.95 per month.  I'm so upset with all the lies.  I have been a customer of At&t for years and so have my family but it's amazing the lies that the representatives tell customers.  Is this how at&t does business??

3 of 5 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 11:52:29 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, SCHINCA!

Thanks for posting. I apologize for any billing confusion. Have you had a chance to follow the link in Dmitriy's post above? If not, I strongly encourage you to do so as soon as possible so our reps can review your account and get everything straightened out.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello, SCHINCA!

Thanks for posting. I apologize for any billing confusion. Have you had a chance to follow the link in Dmitriy's post above? If not, I strongly encourage you to do so as soon as possible so our reps can review your account and get everything straightened out.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2014 10:36:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

Get out while you can or you will end up in my position. I have literally experienced every scenario that everyone on these forums have posted about, including yours. I had same "discount" but in exchange for saving a few bucks I had to give up my HD. Its ridiculous and they have me very upset over many many things and its unfortunate considering AT&T used to be different years ago.

Get out while you can or you will end up in my position. I have literally experienced every scenario that everyone on these forums have posted about, including yours. I had same "discount" but in exchange for saving a few bucks I had to give up my HD. Its ridiculous and they have me very upset over many many things and its unfortunate considering AT&T used to be different years ago.

5 of 5 (54 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments