Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 11, 2013
10:26:03 PM
View profile
Lied to by Uverse salesman

I was totally scammed by the uverse salesman. I called in 3 weeks ago to renew my contract while I moved to a new location. I wanted the service stopped and a new contract to start up when they had it installed. The salesman told me they had a LOWER rate for same speed (12mbps) at this new location so I signed up. The thing was, the earliest installation time is 3 weeks away, but I did it anyways. So after installation today, I find out it's the same rate for 3mbps, and I find out that instead of doing a move and starting a new contract when the installation began, the contract was started up right when I called, and now that I'm thinking about it, the long wait time was to try to get me locked into the contract past the 30 days. I'm the type of person to not complain on forums, but this was fraudulent.

I was totally scammed by the uverse salesman. I called in 3 weeks ago to renew my contract while I moved to a new location. I wanted the service stopped and a new contract to start up when they had it installed. The salesman told me they had a LOWER rate for same speed (12mbps) at this new location so I signed up. The thing was, the earliest installation time is 3 weeks away, but I did it anyways. So after installation today, I find out it's the same rate for 3mbps, and I find out that instead of doing a move and starting a new contract when the installation began, the contract was started up right when I called, and now that I'm thinking about it, the long wait time was to try to get me locked into the contract past the 30 days. I'm the type of person to not complain on forums, but this was fraudulent.

Lied to by Uverse salesman

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 6:11:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Jul 12, 2013 at 6:11:59 AM

Please call AT&T Technical Support at 800-288-2020 and expalin the situation.  If they can't make it right, please post back here and let us know so we can advise you further.

Please call AT&T Technical Support at 800-288-2020 and expalin the situation.  If they can't make it right, please post back here and let us know so we can advise you further.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Lied to by Uverse salesman

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (257 Views)