Lied to AGAIN!

Tutor

Lied to AGAIN!

Well, once again, I have been lied to by AT&T.  Surprise, Surprise.  I was told I would be contacted within 48 hours by a manager, because the technician/AT&T failed to do two things:

1.  Bury a drop correctly.  They ran it over the top of the sidewalk instead of going underneath it, which defeats the purpose of even having the drop.  Think about it - anyone can walk by and trip on the cord which provides voice and internet to my home, it could get cut, chewed up, etc.  Does that matter to AT&T?  Nope - as long as they are getting their money, it does not, apparently.

2.  We subscribe to AT&T inline service.  Guess what?  The technician that did the drop did not want to diagnose the problem we have with multiple outlets out.  He hooked up ONE outlet and then left, saying he couldn't do the rest.  Calls to his manager went unresponded to and apparently just trying to get a resolution is unrealistic.

Bottom line - hard to trust someone telling me that they will do their job, and then they don't.  If it was the first time, I'd understand - but this isn't the first time I've received this kind of response from AT&T.

Message 1 of 8 (282 Views)
Employee

Re: Lied to AGAIN!

I am sorry, having difficulty understanding your post...was this an install or repair?
If this was an install... was this listed as a customer self install (your responsibility for all inside wiring) or a full tech install, charged $99 to handle inside wiring.
if this was a repair, was problem associated with drop?

In other words, why was a tech out, and what was on order.

1) a drop was placed on ground... that day? The tech does not bury the cable but creates an order for an outside contractor to bury cable including bore under sidewalk. If this is the case, normal burial time is 1-2 weeks.

If your saying a contractor came out to bury cable and did not bore under sidewalk...
likely whoever created ticket did not state bore was needed. The individual was unprepared and should provide a solution.

2) what is inline service? Phone, internet or tv?
If the tech was there for a drop replacement, depending on your region, may have been an outside line tech...not working in home. If the tech was a Uverse premise or wire tech would work in the home, and should have looked into your issue, with notice that inside wiring is billable, and you have to agree or not for service.

conclusion, without knowing what work was dispatched for, who was dispatched and what he/she would be qualified for cannot offer advice other than call, chat or PM to schedule another appointment.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8 (267 Views)
Tutor

Well, obviously you don't understand the issue, so let me explain, AGAIN.

First, a new drop had to be ran, because some yahoo living on the other side of us decided to dig and cut our line.  The problem with the line AND the outlets were explained, clearly, in the initial dispatch of the technician.

Second, regardless of whether the technician could or could not bury the line, it should have been communicated to the third party who was burying the line that they should have to bore under the sidewalk in order to properly bury the line.  That was a month ago.  Has anyone done their job?  Obviously, not.

Third, I know my rights with regard to the Inline Service Plan, and I have a copy of the plan, if you would like to review YOUR company's statement regarding the inline service plan.  It's in black and white and clearly states that as part of the inline service plan, AT&T will diagnose and repair any outlets and or lines running into the house from the NID box that are not receiving a signal.  Did that happen?  No.  Was AT&T aware of the situation?  Yes, and it's documented.

I don't know what YOUR position is in the company, but it sounds like you haven't either read your own legal paperwork to understand where you can be litigiously responsible for failing to correctly address the issue.  That's why I have asked for a MANAGER, someone IN CHARGE that knows what they SHOULD have done when the technician came out in the first place.

Two things can happen here - 1) this problem could easily be resolved by getting the technician out here to do his job, as he was supposed to in the first place, without all the outside vs. inside technician back and forth.  Customers aren't supposed to know the difference between the two, so stop assuming that we do.  Especially when we have a copy of the original work order AND it clearly states what the problems were.  And I'm sure there are tons of documented notes on the account with regard to it.  Or 2) this problem can be escalated, perhaps beyond the realm of AT&T to a point of resolution, in which AT&T will STILL be responsible for the resolution, just with a greater degree of monetary value. 

Shall we continue to dance, or would you prefer letting me know when the technician will be out?

Message 3 of 8 (263 Views)
Tutor

And by the way - the technician work under the Inline Service Plan is at NO CHARGE according to the paperwork.  Customers with an inline service plan CANNOT be charged for work to be performed that is covered under the plan.  Sorry if you don't agree, but again, it's in black and white.

Message 4 of 8 (262 Views)
Tutor

Inline service is phone/DSL internet.  Do you not know what an inline service plan IS???

Listen, some of us customers know technology and you can slap words around like Uverse, DSL, 2 pair copper strand, and believe it or not, some of us DO know what it is.  It all comes into the house the SAME way from your transfer methods.  Whatever you want to call it is like putting lipstick on a pig.

Message 5 of 8 (261 Views)
ACE - Master

So you have Uvoice and not POTS?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8 (244 Views)
Employee

Thank you for some clarification, I am a U-verse premise tech who installs and maintains U-verse products which include IPTV (interne protocol tv), HSIA (high speed internet access), and VOIP (voice over internet protocol).

Your "inline service" in our region is referred to as wire maintenance plan which covers existing jacks and wiring. Any new (additions) to existing wiring is billable.

As you state have phone/dsl I will believe this to be non U-berse but rather POTS/DSL which is handled by a different group of techs. Depending on your region they may be referred to as ST, CSS, InR, CIM or SD&A plus others.

As you have existing service, a line (drop) was cut, a tech was dispatched to repair or replace drop. Again depending on region, the time frame to bury will vary, in the midwest with snow in winter a backlog could exist that may not be caught up till late June while in southern states I would expect a faster response time.

The advice offered is still call, chat support or PM customer care to schedule another tech visit to 1) verify or create a buried drop request 2) to deal with your inside wiring issue.

Please be aware this is a user based forum, with many individuals including myself volunteering of our own time to assist without compensation. Any official response you may desire is available as stated... call 1-800-288-2020, chat online with a representative or PM the customer care with your name, account, phone, emaul, best time to be reached. This group generally responds in 2 to 3 business days not counting weekends.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2365485
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 8 (233 Views)
ACE - Expert

"InLine" is a new name for me, too.  I've always heard it called a wire maintenance plan.

But, see here: http://www.att.com/Common/PDF/AMT/InlineTC.pdf

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8 (229 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.