Ask a question

Posted Jun 11, 2013
    1:49:30 PM
    Last chance to retain us as customers

I've talked with numerous underlings and finally, finally, an actual supervisor about our situation and she assured me,

not unsympathetically, that there is nothing I can do or no one to whom I can speak above her pay grade. I find this unbelieveable. There's got to be someone high enough up the food chain to listen to a reasonable request and have the authority to override At&t Policy in order to keep a loyal customer. We had U-Verse phone and internet for over a year, waiting for another television company's contract to expire. When it did, we waited for a good incentive program from U-verse, which came along in the form of a $200 VISA gift card. We signed up and were happy with the service. Enter the snag: someone wanted to buy our home AND had to move in as a renter before the sale and agreed to some pretty generous terms (generous to us) in order to do so. We scrambled, found a rental, and had to drop U-verse because the community only uses Hotwire. We're only here until the sale of the house closes, and we purchase another home in a few weeks. We missed the ABSOLUTE, ETCHED IN STONE 30 days necessary for the gift card by a few days. We'd signed up in good faith, never expecting to have to drop it, but now we'll be moving into a home already set up with U-verse. At&t will literally only have to change the first name on the account, and we're golden. Except we have a $236 outstanding bill with them, which my husband doesn't think we should pay. It's left a bad taste in our mouths. IF we used them again, they stand to make much more off of us for the next however-long-we-live than $200 but because some people have knowingly signed up for fraudulent services, no one is able to see that retaining a longterm customer is worth this? I'd gladly pay the $36. But there are a lot of companies that will give us the same business and not treat us like we're just an account number. Okay. Maybe they all do that. I was hoping for more from At&t, however.

Last chance to retain us as customers

15 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (15)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 11, 2013 3:27:51 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I know what you are going thru. Having been a UVerse customer since day 1 the service was introduced in Dallas and putting up with all its teething problems, i feel that ATT has shown no loyalty back to its customers. They are reneged on what they said they would provide and now acting as if they are doing me a great favor in meeting it. i will wait for an opportune moment to leave UVerse, albeit reluctantly since i love their service (not customer service!). 

Re: Last chance to retain us as customers

2 of 16 (2,696 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 11, 2013 3:29:03 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I know what you are going thru. Having been a UVerse customer since day 1 the service was introduced in Dallas and putting up with all its teething problems, i feel that ATT has shown no loyalty back to its customers. They reneged on what they said they would provide and now acting as if they are doing me a great favor in meeting it. i will wait for an opportune moment to leave UVerse, albeit reluctantly since i love their service (not customer service!). 

3 of 16 (2,697 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 12, 2013 2:46:10 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

ellerino wrote:

I've talked with numerous underlings and finally, finally, an actual supervisor about our situation and she assured me,

not unsympathetically, that there is nothing I can do or no one to whom I can speak above her pay grade. I find this unbelieveable. There's got to be someone high enough up the food chain to listen to a reasonable request and have the authority to override At&t Policy in order to keep a loyal customer. We had U-Verse phone and internet for over a year, waiting for another television company's contract to expire. When it did, we waited for a good incentive program from U-verse, which came along in the form of a $200 VISA gift card. We signed up and were happy with the service. Enter the snag: someone wanted to buy our home AND had to move in as a renter before the sale and agreed to some pretty generous terms (generous to us) in order to do so. We scrambled, found a rental, and had to drop U-verse because the community only uses Hotwire. We're only here until the sale of the house closes, and we purchase another home in a few weeks. We missed the ABSOLUTE, ETCHED IN STONE 30 days necessary for the gift card by a few days. We'd signed up in good faith, never expecting to have to drop it, but now we'll be moving into a home already set up with U-verse. At&t will literally only have to change the first name on the account, and we're golden. Except we have a $236 outstanding bill with them, which my husband doesn't think we should pay. It's left a bad taste in our mouths. IF we used them again, they stand to make much more off of us for the next however-long-we-live than $200 but because some people have knowingly signed up for fraudulent services, no one is able to see that retaining a longterm customer is worth this? I'd gladly pay the $36. But there are a lot of companies that will give us the same business and not treat us like we're just an account number. Okay. Maybe they all do that. I was hoping for more from At&t, however.

You have no reason to be upset. You didn't earn the reward. Pay your final bill.

When you move again, sign up for Uverse service again and get whatever reward AT&T is offering at the time. As long as you don't disconnect during the first 30 days, you'll be eligible at that point.

Easy peasy...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 16 (2,655 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 12, 2013 11:17:56 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

ellerino wrote:

It wasn't just the 30 days to get the gift card, you would also have to be a customer when the card was sent 3-4 weeks later too.  So it's really 60 days or so you have to have service to get the reward. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
    Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
    Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
    I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 16 (2,630 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 13, 2013 12:09:55 PM
    (0)
    Scholar

You got into a contract for Uverse services, yet cancelled in the 30 day window. But you expect a gift card now? Wow Smiley Sad

6 of 16 (2,572 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 13, 2013 5:17:52 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    No. I don't want a gift card. I'd like an adjustment to the bill due to circumstances beyond my control as a good faith gesture to a long time customer. Since they were going to issue a gift card, they wouldn't really be out the money, and would get far more than that in the future.

Sent from my Virgin Mobile Android-Powered Device

7 of 16 (2,551 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 14, 2013 5:28:34 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

I understand your situation so I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

These are not the normal CS folks but a group to help with situations like yours on this forum.  They might be able to assist once you re-sign at your new home?  Maybe something like pay the total bill now and if/when you sign back up for service issue a credit?  Not sure how they would handle this.  I know that they will let you out of a contract if you move to a new location that Uverse is not available.  As for equipment charges, which I assume is what the $200 is, don't know about that. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

8 of 16 (2,498 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 14, 2013 11:07:52 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Thanks!

Sent from my Virgin Mobile Android-Powered Device

9 of 16 (2,476 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 14, 2013 2:38:29 PM
    (0)
    Community Support

Hi ellerino,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

10 of 16 (2,448 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 14, 2013 2:57:29 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I contacted the link and Roy not only responded, he called. And not only issued a $200 credt, he zeroed out the bill completely! Booyah! In a few weeks, when we move to a new address, we will definitely be calling AT&T again!!!

11 of 16 (2,442 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 15, 2013 6:01:59 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

vempatib wrote:

I know what you are going thru. Having been a UVerse customer since day 1 the service was introduced in Dallas and putting up with all its teething problems, i feel that ATT has shown no loyalty back to its customers. They are reneged on what they said they would provide and now acting as if they are doing me a great favor in meeting it. i will wait for an opportune moment to leave UVerse, albeit reluctantly since i love their service (not customer service!). 

Since UVerse has been in the DFW are since the beginning, your comments make absolutely no since.  If you've been waiting for over 5 years to leave then something is wrong.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

12 of 16 (2,387 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 15, 2013 12:06:37 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

ellerino wrote:

I contacted the link and Roy not only responded, he called. And not only issued a $200 credt, he zeroed out the bill completely! Booyah! In a few weeks, when we move to a new address, we will definitely be calling AT&T again!!!

Thank you for posting your outcome.  If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post them here in the forum.  There plenty of people who are ready, willing, and able to offer help in the form of assistance, information, or resources.

13 of 16 (2,352 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 6, 2013 8:04:14 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

After the Uverse fiasco this week I am shopping for a new tv service.  Our dvr box died early monday morning 7/1/13.  We contacted thru live chat a tech in the PHILLIPINES.  He said there was a problem outside, I told him no the dvr is dead.  He set up an appt to have a tech check the outside ????, tech never showed.  Tuesday 7/2 no tech till late in the evening, he checked the outside and said everything was fine.  He tried calling his people to get us a dvr and nothing.  We called the PHILLPINES again and they wanted to send out an outside tech, i said our dvr is dead, Friday afternoon a tech showed up and said he was there to check the outside lines, i said go ahead there is nothing wrong, he came back to the door and said there is no problem with the outside lines.  He tried calling for almost a half hour to get an inside tech to bring us a dvr, one hour later a tech showed up with a dvr and low and behold he said our old dvr was dead,  duhhhhhh.  The problem is not the techs they were all good and working inside of the MOSR AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE SYSTEM WE HAVE EVER SEEN.  I WORK IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE AT&T SYSTEM IS THE WORST I HAVE SEEN.  EVERYONE THAT WAS INVOLVED WITH SETTING UP THIS SYTEM OF GOING TO THE PHILLIPINES TO TEXAS, TO ARIZONA AND OH BY THE WAY CANADA, SHOULD BE FIRED.  FIVE DAYS NO TV.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMND AT&T TO ANYONE AND WILL REPLACE THEM AS SOON AS I FIND A GOOD ALTERNATIVE.

IF YOU ARE THE CEO OF AT&T AND YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF AND ALL THE PEOPLE THAT SETUP YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SYSTEM.

14 of 16 (1,650 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 6, 2013 8:53:18 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

My one piece of advice is to ALWAYS call during regular business hours.  I've always gotten a CSR here in the U.S.of A. even it meant delaying my problem until the next day.

I agree with the frustration of dealing with outsourced personnel.  Unfortunately, it's not just ATT.  Years ago I had a question about my haircolor and called the 800 number on the back of my box.  I got some guy in Pakistan.  Talk about frustrating...he didn't have a clue!

15 of 16 (1,634 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 6, 2013 12:02:34 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

While some people complain out outsourced customer service, I've dealt with other companies that use outsource agents as well, including the one I work for, and there are times when I've actually had better and more professional service.  There are times when a US agent feels that the job is beneath them and they are just doing it until something better comes along.  For the outsourced agent, many times this is the better job.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

16 of 16 (1,604 Views)