Helpful Links

Landline with DSL vs Landline with U-verse

Visitor

Landline with DSL vs Landline with U-verse

I am not confident about U-verse internet and how it  is connected to my phone line. Big mistake to let AT&T sucker me into giving up DSL. Anyone else regret the switch? 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: Landline with DSL vs Landline with U-verse

I had DSL prior to Uverse HSI.  My DSL connection had more issues than my Uverse.  I always had to reset my DSL modem in order to keep my speed i was paying for.  I have had Uverse since 2008 and it's been rock solid.  I also like the fact that Uverse is always on and you don't have to "log in" to it like DSL. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Landline with DSL vs Landline with U-verse

I had a 768 Kbps ADSL line before upgrading to Uverse.  I've had POTS before and after.  The only problems I've had with POTS since the cutover to U-verse is a problem with the line not ringing (which lasted a couple days before they could fix it) and a 45 minute interruption when the guy installing the neighbor "didn't do anything" to my line, but fixed it immediately. Smiley Very Happy

The 768 kbps I had because it was cheap ($10/month) and it served as a lifeline for when my 3 Mbps Charter line would go out (which was not nearly as rare as my U-verse issues).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support