Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 26, 2013
11:24:49 AM
View profile
LIED to by an ATT representative

Our company recently relocated to South Carolina from California. We had a contract landline with ATT in California which had been very good for us so decided to stick with ATT in South Carolina.

Before setting up the new service/having 2 landlines installed, I phoned customer service re the California account and was told that, since we were carrying on with an ATT contract, we would not be charged any early termination fees (I have the reps name and the time the call was placed). So.....I went ahead and took out a whole new contract (more expensive than our previous one I might add!) and phoned up to cancel the California number. Low and behold......this time I was told there would be a termination fee!! Thanks ATT! 

So A LIE I was told to influence my decision to take out another contract. DECEPTION seems to be one of their tactics! I don't really want to fund a company that works in this way and am going to try my best to get out of the new contract because god knows what they will tell me in the future! 

Should I have been charged this early termination fee? Fair enough if I should have been but surely I shouldn't have been told a lie by them?

Our company recently relocated to South Carolina from California. We had a contract landline with ATT in California which had been very good for us so decided to stick with ATT in South Carolina.

Before setting up the new service/having 2 landlines installed, I phoned customer service re the California account and was told that, since we were carrying on with an ATT contract, we would not be charged any early termination fees (I have the reps name and the time the call was placed). So.....I went ahead and took out a whole new contract (more expensive than our previous one I might add!) and phoned up to cancel the California number. Low and behold......this time I was told there would be a termination fee!! Thanks ATT! 

So A LIE I was told to influence my decision to take out another contract. DECEPTION seems to be one of their tactics! I don't really want to fund a company that works in this way and am going to try my best to get out of the new contract because god knows what they will tell me in the future! 

Should I have been charged this early termination fee? Fair enough if I should have been but surely I shouldn't have been told a lie by them?

LIED to by an ATT representative

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 11:42:48 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Welcome netfx and thank you for posting.

I appologize for the misinformation and any issues it may have caused. I assure you it's not AT&T's "tactic" of any king, and in fact it hurts AT&T because it created false churn. When did you place your order? And did you already cancel your old service? Please let us take a look, we have a team of amazing managers that can help. Please send us a private message with your name, phone number and the best time we can reach you.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Welcome netfx and thank you for posting.

I appologize for the misinformation and any issues it may have caused. I assure you it's not AT&T's "tactic" of any king, and in fact it hurts AT&T because it created false churn. When did you place your order? And did you already cancel your old service? Please let us take a look, we have a team of amazing managers that can help. Please send us a private message with your name, phone number and the best time we can reach you.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: LIED to by an ATT representative

2 of 2 (218 Views)