Kodak Wireless Printer will not connect wirelessly to router

Contributor

Kodak Wireless Printer will not connect wirelessly to router

New u-verse installation and now when i enter the security key to set up the printer for the network it times out and says it can't connect. Have shut down,  rebooted both router and printer  - still no luck. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Message 1 of 11 (9,060 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Kodak Wireless Printer will not connect wirelessly to router

Do any other wireless devices work on the network?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11 (9,054 Views)
Contributor

Having the same problem, very frustrating because have never had an issue until a few days ago, just stopped working and no time to sit on the phone with a tech person.  Every other wireless item I have is connecting to uverse and working, but Iphone keeps asking me to enter passcode, hours later it says I've entered wrong passcode.  Any ideas of how to get printer working again? 

Message 3 of 11 (9,025 Views)
Master

Try setting the encryption to WPA2 only and look to see if IPv4 and DNS are set to DHCP

in printer setup next confirm that the RG sees this in device list and you do not have any restictions set such as firewall blocking traffic to and from any device for the printer also if channel is set to auto select one manually .

Message 4 of 11 (9,019 Views)
Contributor

We are having the same problem.  It worked perfectly until we attempted to print today.  Now it won't connect.  Any suggestions??

Message 5 of 11 (8,703 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I found out that this is a common problem with Kodak and other printers - mine worked fine wirelessly on the old ATT DSL modem, but upgrade to Unvers and two printers, Kodak and Samsung, will not connect. Both find the 2wire network fine with strong signal strength. Enter the network key, wait for the printer to connect, and get a no go error message. Call ATT tech support and told:

"Alright, I have checked and there are a few settings that have to be adjusted on the printer and we have a dedicated department to help you with that. You can contact our Connectech department @ 1-866-393-7547 or 1-866-294-3464 or 1-877-303-2243 for further assistance."

He neglected me mention that their Connectech Dept is FEE ONLY! After listening to the annoying sales pitch for a $15 per month service, or pay a flat fee of $49, they tell me that they are not responsible for the connectibility of third party vendor products! WHAT?! It used to work on ATT network, then upgrade, no work, now PAY! Greedy {word filter evasion}! The only thing I learned is that both the printer and the modem settings need to be changed. It seems to me that ATT should provide FREE instructions for what to do with each printer manufacturer. If multiple manufacturers (Kodak, Samsung, HP, etc) all have connection problems, is it really a third party vendor problem, or is it ATT's problem for crummy settings that do not work with most printers? I refuse to pay and I hope nobody else does either. Contact your printer manufacturer, do NOT pay ATT when you already pay them plenty. I will be changing to COMCAST when I move. Equally ticked off with ATT cellular too - have limited their plans, can't change without losing rollover minutes, etc, etc,... everything possible to get more money out of a person. I'm going to Verizon. All my ATT business of over $300 per month will be going to other "second party" vendors!

Message 6 of 11 (8,524 Views)
Master

Another option would be to purchase a third party router and set it up how you like and thats exactly what i have done been with AT&T DSL ,Time Warner,Comcast and now Uverse so no matter where I go all my stuff still works.

Message 7 of 11 (8,506 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just got my KODAK ESP 9 to work with the New ATT router.

First My old ATT router was replaced and the new router did not allow me to connect a private router.  That is how i used to get around this giant headache.

As for connecting to ATT router these are the steps I followed.

1) On Kodak printer scroll to network settings and select

2) Select View Network Configuration

3)scroll down till you see MAC:  xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (write this Mac code down, or take a pic)

4)I suggest taking a picture of the router http:, System Password and Wireless Network Key (located on your wireless router).  This will save you time running back and forth between your computer and router. 

Using your home computer

5)Log into your router http should be something like 192.168.1.254, Logging in requires the System Password not your network key

6)Select Settings via top tabs

7)Select LAN directly below the Settings tab

8) Select Wireless in next row below the LAN

9)Scroll to bottom where you will Find MAC Filtering. Select Edit Blocked/Allowed Device List

10) Select Enable Mac Filtering then Save.  There should be a check mark in the enable box

11) Enter your MAC address that you had previously written down or taken a picture of.

12 After Entering and selecting Add to List, your MAC address should pop up in Blocked Devices.

13)Select your Mac Address from blocked list and press the [<<] button to move it to allowed devices.

14)On the same tab where you selected Wireless, now select DHCP

15)Take a picture of the Router Address, Subnet Mask, First and Last DHCP address

Back to Printer

16)On your printer under Network Settings, Select Advanced IP Address Setup

17)Select Manual(Static)

18)The first set IP I put in The Last DHCP address from the picture taken above; something like 192.168.001.253, (make sure third is .001 eventhough it says .1)

19)The second IP Address I put in the Subnet Mask

20)The Third and Fourth IP Addresses I left as all Zeros.

21) Go back to Network Settings and try to reconnect to your router.  With any luck it will hopefully connect.  Good Luck and I hope this helped.

Message 8 of 11 (5,542 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the help...I tried all your suggestions. However, when trying to do these steps:

Back to Printer

16)On your printer under Network Settings, Select Advanced IP Address Setup

17)Select Manual(Static)

18)The first set IP I put in The Last DHCP address from the picture taken above; something like 192.168.001.253, (make sure third is .001 eventhough it says .1)

19)The second IP Address I put in the Subnet Mask

20)The Third and Fourth IP Addresses I left as all Zeros.

My printer keeps saying 'unable to obtain IP address.' I also only had an IP address under 'DHCP' and not all those addition fields (subnet mask etc).

I added the printer to the 'allowed list' yet it still isn't connecting when I enter the wireless password. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated!

THanks!

Message 9 of 11 (3,960 Views)
Contributor

Mine has connected and printed successfully but then dropped the next day

I used the win Print Spooler Service (stop/restart) in control panel >> services to fight many printer issues

Also I set my DHCP lease to 99 days in my ATT router configs to try and keep the IP lease tied to the printer, not sure if this will work, just tried it

Message 10 of 11 (1,270 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

@mustbeme   Notice that's a 3-5 year old thread and all that applies?  

Might try using Google DNS in the printer. Many devices find they can connect better using Google DNS. It bypasses Uverse RG DNS.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Step by step instructions. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 11 (1,262 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.