Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 9, 2013
4:26:29 AM
View profile
Known bug?

Hi, I'm new to U-verse. I have the phone and internet service. The service seems fine, but I notice that randomly my internet seed will slow down massively. I reboot the RG and everything returns to normal for days or weeks...then I see the crawling again and I have to reboot the RG.

I had U-verse come out, but the new box they gave me does exactly the same as the old box. Is there a known software or firmware bug? It's not that big a deal in that a reboot of the RG only takes a couple of minutes, but I was wondering f it's a known issue?

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Hi, I'm new to U-verse. I have the phone and internet service. The service seems fine, but I notice that randomly my internet seed will slow down massively. I reboot the RG and everything returns to normal for days or weeks...then I see the crawling again and I have to reboot the RG.

I had U-verse come out, but the new box they gave me does exactly the same as the old box. Is there a known software or firmware bug? It's not that big a deal in that a reboot of the RG only takes a couple of minutes, but I was wondering f it's a known issue?

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Known bug?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 4:59:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Terry_2 - I have seen threads where people recommend a monthly (or even more frequently) reboot of the RG as maintenance to prevent any problems.

Whether or not it should be necessary is debatable. But, if it helps do it. I seem to remember there was a time when PCs needed to be rebooted periodically.

As members with more experience see your post, you will get better answers.
Terry_2 - I have seen threads where people recommend a monthly (or even more frequently) reboot of the RG as maintenance to prevent any problems.

Whether or not it should be necessary is debatable. But, if it helps do it. I seem to remember there was a time when PCs needed to be rebooted periodically.

As members with more experience see your post, you will get better answers.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Known bug?

2 of 7 (573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 5:09:44 AM
(0)
Scholar

I guess it is a known bug. I have to reboot my RG every day to keep the connectivity speed where it should be. It's not an issue for regular browsing, but if I want to download a movie or something of that nature, I have to remember to reboot the RG prior to attempting that download. Smiley Indifferent

I guess it is a known bug. I have to reboot my RG every day to keep the connectivity speed where it should be. It's not an issue for regular browsing, but if I want to download a movie or something of that nature, I have to remember to reboot the RG prior to attempting that download. Smiley Indifferent

3 of 7 (484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 5:31:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Terry_2 - Every day - is not the same as - some people think it is beneficial to do it once a month. Can you imagine what the posts would look like if everyone was in your situation?

You have to call or chat & get it fixed. Maybe a remote test before & after you reboot could come up with something.

If you need more help PM your account & contact details to attcustomercare using this link - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
Terry_2 - Every day - is not the same as - some people think it is beneficial to do it once a month. Can you imagine what the posts would look like if everyone was in your situation?

You have to call or chat & get it fixed. Maybe a remote test before & after you reboot could come up with something.

If you need more help PM your account & contact details to attcustomercare using this link - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 6:21:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks. I'll talk with them. Smiley Indifferent

Spoiler

Thanks. I'll talk with them. Smiley Indifferent

Spoiler

5 of 7 (467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 5:38:46 PM
(0)
Scholar

I have been on the phone for hours with them. Now they are sending a tech out on Friday because they say that there is a line quality issue. if they don't resolve it on Friday, they can take their crappy equipment with them. I'm done. They gave me a $40 credit for my inconvenience though. I thank them for that. Smiley Happy

I have been on the phone for hours with them. Now they are sending a tech out on Friday because they say that there is a line quality issue. if they don't resolve it on Friday, they can take their crappy equipment with them. I'm done. They gave me a $40 credit for my inconvenience though. I thank them for that. Smiley Happy

6 of 7 (417 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 12:10:12 PM
(0)
Scholar

I did this, and I was contacted promptly by a guy who was keen to see my issue resolved. He checked my account and saw that I had a tech scheduled to come out between 4 and 8pm yesterday.

The tech was at my house at 4:15pm. I gave him the history involved with my issue, and he then set about looking for solutions beyond that which had already been tried remotely. He identified a cabling pair problem, and he replaced the necessary cables.

Since then, my internet connection has been performing very well. I am not seeing any crawling or freezing, and my test download speed is now 11.2 instead of a fluctuating number between 0.25 a number less than 5.0

So, thanks to all who assisted me. Much appreciated.

I did this, and I was contacted promptly by a guy who was keen to see my issue resolved. He checked my account and saw that I had a tech scheduled to come out between 4 and 8pm yesterday.

The tech was at my house at 4:15pm. I gave him the history involved with my issue, and he then set about looking for solutions beyond that which had already been tried remotely. He identified a cabling pair problem, and he replaced the necessary cables.

Since then, my internet connection has been performing very well. I am not seeing any crawling or freezing, and my test download speed is now 11.2 instead of a fluctuating number between 0.25 a number less than 5.0

So, thanks to all who assisted me. Much appreciated.

7 of 7 (358 Views)