View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 5:36:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I imagine that the Android App would run fine on this device... if you could get it.

Amazon's decision not to include the Google Play store is why you won't find me buying a Kindle.

I imagine that the Android App would run fine on this device... if you could get it.

Amazon's decision not to include the Google Play store is why you won't find me buying a Kindle.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Kindle Fire HDX

2 of 13 (1,967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 5:57:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Jan 3, 2014 at 5:57:50 AM

This was posted yesterday:

Remote Control added to U-verse App for Android phones. Live Disney channels added to U-verse app

Slowly digging out from the holiday email blizzard and noticed this:

Project: Remote Control added to U-verse App for Android phones.  Live Disney channels added to U-verse app.

U-verse TV subscribers will now be able to use their Android phones as a remote control while at home.  This feature was already available with Android tablets and iOS devices and has recently been added to Android phones. 

Also, Disney, Disney XD, and Disney Jr. have been added to the lineup of live TV channels available within all versions the app. These channels are available both in and outside of the home for customers that have the channel as part of their at home programming.

Android app

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

This was posted yesterday:

Remote Control added to U-verse App for Android phones. Live Disney channels added to U-verse app

Slowly digging out from the holiday email blizzard and noticed this:

Project: Remote Control added to U-verse App for Android phones.  Live Disney channels added to U-verse app.

U-verse TV subscribers will now be able to use their Android phones as a remote control while at home.  This feature was already available with Android tablets and iOS devices and has recently been added to Android phones. 

Also, Disney, Disney XD, and Disney Jr. have been added to the lineup of live TV channels available within all versions the app. These channels are available both in and outside of the home for customers that have the channel as part of their at home programming.

Android app

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 13 (1,966 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 6:23:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, Android phones are FINALLY feeling the love that iOS phones have had for 2 years: U-verse Connected support.

I have played with this on my S4 and found that it works well.

However, since Amazon has restricted the Kindle to using its own store, unless AT&T has put this on the Amazon Kindle store... shoe will be out of luck.

Yes, Android phones are FINALLY feeling the love that iOS phones have had for 2 years: U-verse Connected support.

I have played with this on my S4 and found that it works well.

However, since Amazon has restricted the Kindle to using its own store, unless AT&T has put this on the Amazon Kindle store... shoe will be out of luck.

4 of 13 (1,957 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 6:31:44 AM
(0)
Professor
Thank You
Thank You

5 of 13 (1,951 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2014 9:19:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Little late to the party, but if you root your kindle you can install it. But then it's not really a Kindle anymore just an Android tablet.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Little late to the party, but if you root your kindle you can install it. But then it's not really a Kindle anymore just an Android tablet.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

6 of 13 (1,772 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2014 9:35:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

@shoe 

I did find this link here on how to sideload apps to a kindle fire.  It might work.

@shoe 

I did find this link here on how to sideload apps to a kindle fire.  It might work.

7 of 13 (1,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2014 10:21:22 AM
(0)
Professor

Nice find but I think I am going to wait a bit before I void my warranty

Nice find but I think I am going to wait a bit before I void my warranty

8 of 13 (1,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2014 5:08:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I don't think side loading will void the warranty, rooting it will.

I don't think side loading will void the warranty, rooting it will.

9 of 13 (1,738 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 3:52:07 PM
(0)
Professor

Ok I have file explorer installed now what

Ok I have file explorer installed now what

10 of 13 (1,665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2014 1:26:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

do you have an andoid phone? you should be able to copy the apk for google store here from your computer then to your kindle. once you have it installed you should be be able to download the UV app.

do you have an andoid phone? you should be able to copy the apk for google store here from your computer then to your kindle. once you have it installed you should be be able to download the UV app.

11 of 13 (1,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2014 11:05:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Loading the Google Play store is more involved than a simple APK. However, I have sideloaded older versions of the AT&T app successfully. The main trick is getting to the original APK.
Loading the Google Play store is more involved than a simple APK. However, I have sideloaded older versions of the AT&T app successfully. The main trick is getting to the original APK.

12 of 13 (1,572 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 10:42:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I found the APK file here

I found the APK file here

13 of 13 (1,505 Views)