Keeping my Roadrunner email address

Contributor

Keeping my Roadrunner email address

We are in the process of changing over to U-verse from TWC.  The salesperson said that I could keep our current Roadrunner email addresses but that we would have to pay Time Warner a small monthly fee.  How does that work?

They are coming next week to install U-verse in our home and I want to make sure it is doable before I cancel TWC.  Can I get email sent to my RR email address in my U-verse email?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Master

Re: Keeping my Roadrunner email address

I have looked and googled this and I can not find anything remotely close to how to figure out your issue.  You would think with all the tech stuff today you could do what you want.  Everything I found says that once you disconnect TWC your .rr email address goes away.

Maybe one of the community managers on this site can chime in.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Community Support

Hi billb,

We received an issue similar to this but with a different provider. I found the same information beebeesa found. I apologize our sales person provided that information, as they should not be providing any information about other companies. I know some companies let you keep your E-mail at a small fee. With U-verse, we allow you to do it at no cost. I would suggest contacting Time Warner Cable to get a definitive answer.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. I will call them and find out.

Bill

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I know that this post is extremely old, but as a former roadrunner (twc email) customer I wanted to say that YES you do get to keep your roadrunner email after you disconnect. they told me no, but as long as you have forwarding turned on in their webmail settings and/or you check that email account at least once every 90 days you can keep it. If you stop using their email account - even if you were paying for it - for more than 90 days they will disable it, after 180 days they delete the account. As long as you have forwarding turned on, the 90 day rule doesn't apply.

I set up forwarding from my roadrunner email accounts to my @gmail.com accounts and then disconnected all of my time warner cable services. It is coming up on 9 months since I switched to Uverse and I still receive forwarded email from my roadrunner account. 

Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Contributor

Notsure...I use rr for my business email, i cant stress enough how i CANT lose this email account, at least not right now, are you 100% absolutely, possitively sure i wont lose it??...thank you Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

How's that working out for you now?

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Master

VWFeature wrote:

How's that working out for you now?

After more than a year, it probably doesn't matter. Smiley Frustrated

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support