Keep on lying att!!

Fif
Tutor

Keep on lying att!!

Ok. I'm gonna keep this short and to the point cause i am tired the whole deal! When i called for u verse bundle, i was offered: 1. 39.95 for internet connection up to 24mbps and voice 200 minutes 2. The installation fee of $99 is waived Turned out: 1. the bill is 279.99., the instalation fee is not waived, the monthly payment is 69.95! 2. the speed is nowhere near up to 24MBPS!!!!!!! We cant even watch 3D!!!! Called att severak times only to wait inline for more than 30 minutes with no result onlt to get cheated again and again. They wont let me cancel the service either!!! This is a HUGE, DEEP disappointment!!!! I cant even express it by words how upset i am with att!! I feel misled, disrespected and cheated!!! Fif
Message 1 of 10
ACE - Master

Re: Keep on lying att!!

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

They should be able to help you out.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Community Manager

Hello @Fif 

Just wanted to let you know that we received your private message and one of our managers will contact you as soon as possible to help.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Employee

Unfortunately it does appear you were given false information. With that price of $39.95 you would get 6 Mbps with the VOIP 200. Also unfortunately there wouldn't be any way to waive the installation fee. At the most that fee could have been broken up over 3 months. Also, out of curiosity, what are you trying to watch that streams 3D? I'm assuming you meant HD, but if there is something out there that streams 3D, I'd be curious as to what it is.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 10
Fif
Tutor

Is that all att can do??? I decided to sign up because of "the false information ."
Installation fee cant be waived??!! Is that mean the sales person gave me 2 false information?? And that supposed to be burdened to the customer side and not to the sales person??? This is outrages!!!
FYI: 3d stream via netflix!
Message 5 of 10
Fif
Tutor

Also i want to add:
This would be the last time i deal with att! I know you would careless but i am going to say it anyway. Cheating on customers is bad for business. Once is enough! 12 months with att and i am gone!
Message 6 of 10
Community Manager

Hello, Fif!

I completely understand your frustration. Have you had a chance to follow the link in Dmitriy's post and send us a private message? If not, I strongly encourage you to do so as soon as you can.

This is not the same customer care you may have worked with over the phone. This team is dedicated to handling escalations here on the forums, and they will work very hard to find an acceptable resolution.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 10
Employee

Unfortunately it seems so. I do apologize that you were given misinformation.

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 10
Tutor

I was also promised the installation fees would be waived.  I actually installed the equipment myself!!!  Still received a bill for this!!!!  They keep telling me over the phone that I do not owe installation fees, but they still keep sending me a bill for this!

I went through this for years with ATT through my home phone and cell phone service.  I cannot tell you how relieved I was to cancel those services and my life has been soooo much more peaceful without having to spend 5 hours a week on the phone with ATT trying to get them to live up to their promises and trying to figure out what all the extra charges on my bill were for.  

This happened about every other month until I finally wised up and switched service.  Everything was fine until I got U-verse internet services.  Now I'm having to deal with the lies again!  Already, right from the start, my bill was triple the amount I agreed upon. I even have recordings of AT&T agents lying about the service amount.  

How can AT&T keep getting away with lying to customers over and over again with no consequences?  If everyone would just cancel their service with AT&T and switch to another provider, they might get the message.  

Message 9 of 10
Community Manager

Hello, JoyAl!

Thanks for your post. It sounds like you may be having some billing issues. If that's the case, we would appreciate the opportunity to help. Please send us a private message by clicking here so we can get this straightened out for you. I completely understand your frustration, and I apologize for any miscommunication.

If you send us a message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support