Just signed up, and already told something completely different.

Voyager

Just signed up, and already told something completely different.

I have been a loyal uverse customer since 2009 and have always recieved great customer service and a great price, I have also reffered friends and helped some to sign up.

Well, I helped my elderly friend Pamela sign up last week for U200, Elite, and 2 boxes. Its $77 a month which includes the $7 rental fee. The Rep we spoke too was very polite but not to knowlegable. because he first offered a price for the same package at $67 a month, then after the credit check he said it would be $77. Now, when I signed up in 2009 the price I got wasnt dependent on my credit, but we finaly accepted it at the higher rate after he said there was nothing he could do. He then said that she could recieve a $100 reward card but upon checking with his manager he could not offer. I asked him if he could instead throw in HD service but he declined. The one thing he said he could do was to waive the instalation and activation fees because of his mistake which he put us on hold to check with his manager to make sure he was allowed to do. Now, a week later, Pamaela recieves a summery of her charges and is being charged $129 activation fee. I called in for Pamala and spoke to a polite rep Charity and was told that the instalation was waived but they could not waive the activation, as well as that no one ever offers to waive this because it cant be done. I explained what transpired, but was told while she dosent assume Im lying that Im just mistaken. She then informed that the system was down, and couldent investigate further. 

We Live in  Riverside Ca and we are bombared with ads from  Charter, TimeWarner, Dish and Uverse. All offering similer deals with free instalation and some with visa gift cards, so I dont understand how what we were promised is something that is not offered. As I am writing this on behalf of Pamela, she recieved a flyer from Uverse for an online promotion with about the same price with a $50 reward card and waived instalation. I still love our service but Pamela is close to just canceling the 11Oct install date and shopping around if this isnt corrected. 

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreiciated.

Thanks

Patrick

Message 1 of 5 (934 Views)
Employee

Re: Just signed up, and already told something completely different.

[ Edited ]

Per web site, standard pricing includes one DVR (1 tv) NEW CUSTOMER
U200.................$74..................$74.00
ELITE................$46................$120.00
12 month discount <$61>.....$ 59.00
One add tv STB........$ 7.........$ 66.00
HSIA fee....................$ 6........$ 72.00. Where the other $5 is for your quote not sure, if total 3 tvs instead of 2 $79

note: a different promo offers $56 discount instead of $61 that explains the $5 difference leadig to $77 quote.

add HD programming to above for $10 per month

Installation fees
Full tech install $149.00 normally waived with tv, charged internet only, or HSIA/VOIP
Tv activation.....$ 49.00 not waived
Connect Tech....$50.00, charged if three or more internet devices need to be set up..
.......not charged if two or less devices, say one laptop, one nook only.
Note: TV with Connect tech equals $99 as quoted $129 not sure where other $30 comes from.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (923 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

[ Edited ]

typespent,  click on the link in my sig for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service who can help you get this resolved.  Send them a PM with your info and your concern and someone will be in touch with you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

Message 3 of 5 (889 Views)
Contributor

Had similar experience. Left Dish two months ago- January 3, 2014 to save ! what a dissapointment.

In exactly two months since I signed up for ATT-Uverse, I have had so much problems with ATT-Uverse TV for not honoring our agreement. I have talked to 12 reps since I called to switch to UVerse TV. The worse part is that I left Dish where I was paying 69.00 for everything including 3 TVs hooked up, and  because I was promised a lower bill. After my first month, my bill had been hiked up from $68 plus taxes & fees to $109 a month before fees. When I called, I was on the phone for 118 minutes, only to be told that I do not have a promotion so I would have to pay my bill or down grade. I told them to downgrade to the $68.00. Little did I know that my $68.00 meant basic chanels USA, TNT, TBS, FX, Spike, SYFY, WGN. A&E AMC, and a whole bunch of other channels, I had with 160 at Dish, were not part of my $68.00 per month. I basically had only my local channels and a lot of shopping channels.

Now, I don't talk to an ATT rep without recording my conversation, because they change your package and hike your bill at their will. TV bills are not supposed to fluctuate per month, but if you don't check your bill for ATT-Uverse, your bill can be a kite, going up and up and up.  

I was ready to leave - called and set up my dish again -was scheduled for the upcoming Thursday afternoon, then I called to cancel ATT. The rep got me back my channels for the original agreed upon cost with the understanding that if my bill goes up anymore in the next 10 months, I will just call and cancel.

This is furstrating!

Message 4 of 5 (518 Views)
Expert

Glad to see you got those issues resolved.  Unfortunately with just about every company that has CSRs, you will encounter a wide variety of competency and or experience.  At AT&T they have AT&T Customer Care that you can contact.  If you have any problems no matter what do the following. 

Click on the hyperlink in my sig for AT&T Customer Care and you will be taken to their PM page.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Support who can help you with this.  Send them a PM with your info and your concern and they will get in touch with you.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.  Their hours are Monday thru Friday 8am to 11pm CST.

Message 5 of 5 (296 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.