Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 19, 2013
4:06:46 PM
View profile
June Carriage Agreements

From the link below:

Notice appearing in USA today on June 18, 2013

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on our U-verse TV service periodically expire, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Contract(s) for the programming listed below are set to expire as indicated, and AT&T is making every effort to reach a fair agreement to continue carriage. However, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with such programmer(s), we will no longer have the rights to carry their programming on U-verse TV. While the programming listed below will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry it, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available at that time.

June 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmers for the following channels is set to expire. While the following channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving some or all of the following channels from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in June 2013: BBC America (channel 188), CineLatino (channel 3126), Halogen (channel 1492), TVBe (channel 3638), and TVBv (channel 3664).

In addition on June 28, RTR Planeta (channel 3883) will be removed from the U-verse channel line-up.

July 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channel is set to expire. While the following channel will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry it, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving the following channel from its current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channel on U-verse TV in July 2013: Star India (channel 3706).

Effective July 25th, WPAN-53 (IND) channel 40 will be removed from the Mobile, AL market.

August 2013:

AT&T's contract with the programmers for the following channels is set to expire. While the following channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving some or all of the following channels from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in August 2013: ION (channel 195), ION Life (channel 468), Ion – West (channel 196), and Qubo (channels 328 and 3061).

As well as the following local channels:

(1) For Alabama, in the Birmingham area, WPXH (channel 44 and 1044 in HD);

(2) For California, in the Los Angeles area, KPXN (channel 30 and 1030 in HD); in the Sacramento area, KSPX (channel 29 and 1029 in HD); and in the San Francisco area, KKPX (channel 65 and 1065 in HD);

(3) For Connecticut, in the Harford area, WHPX (channel 26 and 1026 in HD);

(4) For Florida, in the Jacksonville area, WPXC (channel 21 and 1021 in HD); in the Miami area, WPXM (channel 35 and 1035 in HD); in the Orlando area, WOPX (channel 56 and 1056 in HD); and in the West Palm Beach area, WPXP (channel 67 and 1067 in HD);

(5) For Georgia, in the Atlanta area, WPXA (channel 14 and 1014 in HD);

(6) For Illinois, in the Chicago area, WCPX (channel 38 and 1038 in HD);

(7) For Indiana, in the Indianapolis area, WIPX (channel 63 and 1063 in HD);

(8) For Louisiana, in the New Orleans area, WPXL (channel 49);

(9) For Michigan, in the Detroit area, WPXD (channel 31 and 1031 in HD); and in the Grand Rapids area, WZPX (channel 43 and 1043 in HD);

(10) For Missouri, in the Kansas City area, KPXE (channel 50 and 1050 in HD);

(11) For New York, in the New York City area, WPXN (channel 31 and 1031 in HD);

(12) For North Carolina, in the Raleigh area, WRPX (channel 47 and 1047 in HD); and in the Greensboro area, WGPX (channel 16);

(13) For Ohio, in the Cleveland-Akron (Canton) areas, WVPX (channel 23 and 1023 in HD);

(14) For Oklahoma, in the Oklahoma City area, KOPX (channel 62); and in the Tulsa area, KTPX (channel 44 and 1044 in HD);

(15) For Tennessee, in the Knoxville area, WPXK (channel 54 and 1054 in HD); in the Memphis area, WPXX (channel 50 and 1050 in HD); and in the Nashville area, WNPX (channel 28 and 1028 in HD);

(16) For Texas, in the Dallas-Fort Worth areas, KPXD (channel 68 and 1068 in HD); in the Houston area, KPXB(channel 49 and 1049 in HD); and in the San Antonio area, KPXL (channel 26 and 1026 in HD).

Effective August 17th, Speed (channel 652 and 1652 in HD) is being renamed to FOX Sports 1 and Fuel (channel 651) is being renamed to FOX Sports 2.

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

From the link below:

Notice appearing in USA today on June 18, 2013

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on our U-verse TV service periodically expire, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Contract(s) for the programming listed below are set to expire as indicated, and AT&T is making every effort to reach a fair agreement to continue carriage. However, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with such programmer(s), we will no longer have the rights to carry their programming on U-verse TV. While the programming listed below will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry it, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available at that time.

June 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmers for the following channels is set to expire. While the following channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving some or all of the following channels from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in June 2013: BBC America (channel 188), CineLatino (channel 3126), Halogen (channel 1492), TVBe (channel 3638), and TVBv (channel 3664).

In addition on June 28, RTR Planeta (channel 3883) will be removed from the U-verse channel line-up.

July 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channel is set to expire. While the following channel will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry it, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving the following channel from its current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channel on U-verse TV in July 2013: Star India (channel 3706).

Effective July 25th, WPAN-53 (IND) channel 40 will be removed from the Mobile, AL market.

August 2013:

AT&T's contract with the programmers for the following channels is set to expire. While the following channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving some or all of the following channels from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in August 2013: ION (channel 195), ION Life (channel 468), Ion – West (channel 196), and Qubo (channels 328 and 3061).

As well as the following local channels:

(1) For Alabama, in the Birmingham area, WPXH (channel 44 and 1044 in HD);

(2) For California, in the Los Angeles area, KPXN (channel 30 and 1030 in HD); in the Sacramento area, KSPX (channel 29 and 1029 in HD); and in the San Francisco area, KKPX (channel 65 and 1065 in HD);

(3) For Connecticut, in the Harford area, WHPX (channel 26 and 1026 in HD);

(4) For Florida, in the Jacksonville area, WPXC (channel 21 and 1021 in HD); in the Miami area, WPXM (channel 35 and 1035 in HD); in the Orlando area, WOPX (channel 56 and 1056 in HD); and in the West Palm Beach area, WPXP (channel 67 and 1067 in HD);

(5) For Georgia, in the Atlanta area, WPXA (channel 14 and 1014 in HD);

(6) For Illinois, in the Chicago area, WCPX (channel 38 and 1038 in HD);

(7) For Indiana, in the Indianapolis area, WIPX (channel 63 and 1063 in HD);

(8) For Louisiana, in the New Orleans area, WPXL (channel 49);

(9) For Michigan, in the Detroit area, WPXD (channel 31 and 1031 in HD); and in the Grand Rapids area, WZPX (channel 43 and 1043 in HD);

(10) For Missouri, in the Kansas City area, KPXE (channel 50 and 1050 in HD);

(11) For New York, in the New York City area, WPXN (channel 31 and 1031 in HD);

(12) For North Carolina, in the Raleigh area, WRPX (channel 47 and 1047 in HD); and in the Greensboro area, WGPX (channel 16);

(13) For Ohio, in the Cleveland-Akron (Canton) areas, WVPX (channel 23 and 1023 in HD);

(14) For Oklahoma, in the Oklahoma City area, KOPX (channel 62); and in the Tulsa area, KTPX (channel 44 and 1044 in HD);

(15) For Tennessee, in the Knoxville area, WPXK (channel 54 and 1054 in HD); in the Memphis area, WPXX (channel 50 and 1050 in HD); and in the Nashville area, WNPX (channel 28 and 1028 in HD);

(16) For Texas, in the Dallas-Fort Worth areas, KPXD (channel 68 and 1068 in HD); in the Houston area, KPXB(channel 49 and 1049 in HD); and in the San Antonio area, KPXL (channel 26 and 1026 in HD).

Effective August 17th, Speed (channel 652 and 1652 in HD) is being renamed to FOX Sports 1 and Fuel (channel 651) is being renamed to FOX Sports 2.

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

June Carriage Agreements

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2013 6:26:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Oh my goodness....Let the I'm leaving because this channel is no longer available threads begin.............Smiley Mad

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Oh my goodness....Let the I'm leaving because this channel is no longer available threads begin.............Smiley Mad

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: June Carriage Agreements

2 of 19 (1,163 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2013 7:42:34 PM
(0)
Guru

Then I guess I may have to get my Doctor Who episodes from somewhere else.  Amazon.com carries the episodes, I'd have to pay for them but I'll get them some way.

Then I guess I may have to get my Doctor Who episodes from somewhere else.  Amazon.com carries the episodes, I'd have to pay for them but I'll get them some way.

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

3 of 19 (1,131 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2013 5:45:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

trparky wrote:

This notice is only accouncing that they're negoating with BBC to carry the channel after the current agreement ends. This isn't saying that they are removing the channel.

IMO this could be the beginning of seeing BBC America come to U-Verse in HD.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

trparky wrote:

This notice is only accouncing that they're negoating with BBC to carry the channel after the current agreement ends. This isn't saying that they are removing the channel.

IMO this could be the beginning of seeing BBC America come to U-Verse in HD.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

4 of 19 (1,080 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2013 7:07:28 AM
(0)
Scholar
I agree i think BBC HD is coming everyone has been asking for all those other channels have been through this before and have not gone any were Uverse has done a better job with getting these things done Disney JR. ring a bell .
I agree i think BBC HD is coming everyone has been asking for all those other channels have been through this before and have not gone any were Uverse has done a better job with getting these things done Disney JR. ring a bell .

5 of 19 (1,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2013 7:21:44 AM
(0)
Scholar
Hopefully none of ION channels will be removed don't want miss WWE Main Event those overseas channels don't care about .
Hopefully none of ION channels will be removed don't want miss WWE Main Event those overseas channels don't care about .

6 of 19 (1,060 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2013 11:00:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I wonder if this might be the impetus for getting BBC-America HD?

I wonder if this might be the impetus for getting BBC-America HD?

7 of 19 (1,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2013 8:00:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Ryan456 wrote:

Unfortunately, you may be out of luck. A quick search on some of three random sets of call letters revealed that three of them were ION affiliates.

Ryan456 wrote:

Unfortunately, you may be out of luck. A quick search on some of three random sets of call letters revealed that three of them were ION affiliates.

8 of 19 (924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2013 8:02:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

trparky wrote:

As others have said, it's just that they're negotiating. I've seen BBC mentioned before, so they could be operating with a temporary deal.

Assuming AT&T fails to reach a deal, they should be in HD on Amazon at least. *thinks optimistically*

trparky wrote:

As others have said, it's just that they're negotiating. I've seen BBC mentioned before, so they could be operating with a temporary deal.

Assuming AT&T fails to reach a deal, they should be in HD on Amazon at least. *thinks optimistically*

9 of 19 (918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2013 9:11:42 AM
(0)
Scholar
The Ion were i live is the Atlanta WPXA it been through this before with Uverse AT&T has big hub in Atlanta so most of the Atlanta stations are not in any danger i not to worried about .
The Ion were i live is the Atlanta WPXA it been through this before with Uverse AT&T has big hub in Atlanta so most of the Atlanta stations are not in any danger i not to worried about .

10 of 19 (898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2013 9:17:12 AM
(0)
Scholar
Plus Uverse has done a good job with keeping a lot of these channels on there lineup only Hallmark and NHL Network has not been back .
Plus Uverse has done a good job with keeping a lot of these channels on there lineup only Hallmark and NHL Network has not been back .

11 of 19 (895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2013 8:57:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Ryan456 wrote:

This is true. Didn't they lose some channels a few years ago but only for a week or so? Generally yeah...they haven't lost much at all, not like Dish Network, from what I hear.

Ryan456 wrote:

This is true. Didn't they lose some channels a few years ago but only for a week or so? Generally yeah...they haven't lost much at all, not like Dish Network, from what I hear.

12 of 19 (763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2013 9:40:12 AM
(0)
Scholar

Where are all the OPWs blaming AT&T for Speed Channel & Fuel being re-named?  Smiley Very Happy

Where are all the OPWs blaming AT&T for Speed Channel & Fuel being re-named?  Smiley Very Happy

13 of 19 (748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2013 10:09:53 PM
(0)
Scholar
I hope they add FS2 in HD eventually.
I hope they add FS2 in HD eventually.

14 of 19 (657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2013 10:23:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Tito_1 wrote:

Watch these channels be carried on Dish Network since they couldn't come to a deal like what happened with SOAPNET....yet, the noobs will blame it on AT&T's deal with the devil or something. Smiley LOL

Tito_1 wrote:

Watch these channels be carried on Dish Network since they couldn't come to a deal like what happened with SOAPNET....yet, the noobs will blame it on AT&T's deal with the devil or something. Smiley LOL

15 of 19 (623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 6:27:56 AM
(0)
Scholar
Well RTR channel is still there and its June 28th today so Uverse must have reached an agreement like i said they do a good job keeping most these channels .
Well RTR channel is still there and its June 28th today so Uverse must have reached an agreement like i said they do a good job keeping most these channels .

16 of 19 (523 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 11:09:08 AM
(0)
Guru

Any updates?

Any updates?

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

17 of 19 (407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 11:25:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ryan456 wrote:

Maybe.  They will often agree to stick to the old contract until the deal is finalized.  We will never really know, unless the channel "goes dark."

Ryan456 wrote:

Maybe.  They will often agree to stick to the old contract until the deal is finalized.  We will never really know, unless the channel "goes dark."

18 of 19 (404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 2:06:11 PM
(0)
Explorer

There wasn't a failure to reach a deal with Soapnet. The channel is being replaced by Disney Junior. Eventually, it will be gone for good.

There wasn't a failure to reach a deal with Soapnet. The channel is being replaced by Disney Junior. Eventually, it will be gone for good.

19 of 19 (373 Views)