Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 17, 2013
2:57:49 AM
View profile
July Carriage Agreements

From the link below:

Notice appearing in USA today on July 16, 2013

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on our U-verse TV service periodically expire, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Contract(s) for the programming listed below are set to expire as indicated, and AT&T is making every effort to reach a fair agreement to continue carriage. However, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with such programmer(s), we will no longer have the rights to carry their programming on U-verse TV. While the programming listed below will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry it, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available at that time.

July 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contracts with the programmers for the following channels are set to expire. While the following channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving the following channels from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in July 2013: Azteca America (channel 3019), Azteca Mexico (channel 3020), BBC America (channel 188), CineLatino (channel 3126), Estrella (channel 3024), Halogen (channel 1492 in HD), HITN (channel 3055), and Telefe Internacional (channel 3035).

August 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contracts with the programmers for the following channels are set to expire. While the following channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving the following channels from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in August 2013: GMA Pinoy (channel 3683), MBC America (channel 3643), TVBe (channel 3638), TVBv (channel 3664), and Zee TV (channel 3702).

September 2013:

AT&T's contracts with the programmers for the following channels are set to expire. While the following channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving some or all of the following channels from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in September 2013: Bloomberg Television (channel 222), Comcast SportsNet Chicago (channel 741, 742 and 1741, 1742 in HD), Sony Movie Channel (channel 1791) and TVG Network (channel 670).

As well as the following local channels:

(1) For Kentucky, in the Louisville area, WHAS (channel 11 and 1011 in HD);

(2) For Louisiana, in the New Orleans area, WUPL (channel 1002 in HD) and WWL (channel 1003 in HD);

(3) For Missouri, in the St. Louis area, KMOV (channel 1004 in HD);

(4) For North Carolina, in the Charlotte area, WCNC (channel 36 and 1036 in HD);

(5) For Texas, in the Austin area, KVUE (channel 1003 in HD); in the Dallas area, WFAA (channel 8 and 1008 in HD); in the Houston area, KHOU (channel 11 and 1011 in HD); and in the San Antonio area, KENS (channel 5 and 1005 in HD).

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

From the link below:

Notice appearing in USA today on July 16, 2013

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on our U-verse TV service periodically expire, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Contract(s) for the programming listed below are set to expire as indicated, and AT&T is making every effort to reach a fair agreement to continue carriage. However, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with such programmer(s), we will no longer have the rights to carry their programming on U-verse TV. While the programming listed below will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry it, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available at that time.

July 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contracts with the programmers for the following channels are set to expire. While the following channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving the following channels from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in July 2013: Azteca America (channel 3019), Azteca Mexico (channel 3020), BBC America (channel 188), CineLatino (channel 3126), Estrella (channel 3024), Halogen (channel 1492 in HD), HITN (channel 3055), and Telefe Internacional (channel 3035).

August 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contracts with the programmers for the following channels are set to expire. While the following channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving the following channels from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in August 2013: GMA Pinoy (channel 3683), MBC America (channel 3643), TVBe (channel 3638), TVBv (channel 3664), and Zee TV (channel 3702).

September 2013:

AT&T's contracts with the programmers for the following channels are set to expire. While the following channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving some or all of the following channels from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in September 2013: Bloomberg Television (channel 222), Comcast SportsNet Chicago (channel 741, 742 and 1741, 1742 in HD), Sony Movie Channel (channel 1791) and TVG Network (channel 670).

As well as the following local channels:

(1) For Kentucky, in the Louisville area, WHAS (channel 11 and 1011 in HD);

(2) For Louisiana, in the New Orleans area, WUPL (channel 1002 in HD) and WWL (channel 1003 in HD);

(3) For Missouri, in the St. Louis area, KMOV (channel 1004 in HD);

(4) For North Carolina, in the Charlotte area, WCNC (channel 36 and 1036 in HD);

(5) For Texas, in the Austin area, KVUE (channel 1003 in HD); in the Dallas area, WFAA (channel 8 and 1008 in HD); in the Houston area, KHOU (channel 11 and 1011 in HD); and in the San Antonio area, KENS (channel 5 and 1005 in HD).

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

July Carriage Agreements

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 7:18:08 AM
(0)
Scholar
The BBC thing interesting keeping my fingers that finally BBC HD will added

Re: July Carriage Agreements

2 of 8 (566 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 8:08:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Comcast SportsNet Chicago (channel 741, 742 and 1741, 1742 in HD)

Oh boy. How can U-Verse be ready for "prime time" when it doesn't even have Comcast in Chicago? At least it finally has MLB Network! Smiley LOL

Oh boy. How can U-Verse be ready for "prime time" when it doesn't even have Comcast in Chicago? At least it finally has MLB Network! Smiley LOL

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (544 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 8:27:23 AM
(0)
Scholar
These are just carriage negotiations i think most all these channels will be staying this new update seems watered down than last one they put up .
These are just carriage negotiations i think most all these channels will be staying this new update seems watered down than last one they put up .

4 of 8 (528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 8:57:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

baseballisback wrote:

They have CSN in Chicago. They're just renegotiating a new contract since the current one is set to expire. Also, U-Verse has had the MLB Network for some time now.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

baseballisback wrote:

They have CSN in Chicago. They're just renegotiating a new contract since the current one is set to expire. Also, U-Verse has had the MLB Network for some time now.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

5 of 8 (510 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 9:06:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

Is the whole we might move the channel to 9501-9599 language just a negotiating threat to drive down a channel's ratings by moving it to a place where no one will find it, or is there more significance to that language?

Is the whole we might move the channel to 9501-9599 language just a negotiating threat to drive down a channel's ratings by moving it to a place where no one will find it, or is there more significance to that language?

6 of 8 (496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 9:15:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

bailorg wrote:

Probably, although no one knows for sure.

FWIW, I've seen BBC America on this list for the past several months. It would be very interesting to be a fly on the wall during those negotiations.

bailorg wrote:

Probably, although no one knows for sure.

FWIW, I've seen BBC America on this list for the past several months. It would be very interesting to be a fly on the wall during those negotiations.

7 of 8 (484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 6:50:21 AM
(0)
Guru

Ryan456 wrote:

I would be willing to bet money on it being no. It's been years already.

Though lack of this channel is #1 on my list of reasons to jump to another provider.

Ryan456 wrote:

I would be willing to bet money on it being no. It's been years already.

Though lack of this channel is #1 on my list of reasons to jump to another provider.

8 of 8 (345 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments