January Carriage Agreements:

Expert

January Carriage Agreements:

From the link below:

Notice Appearing in USA today on January 21, 2014

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

January 2014:

AMC (Ch. 795, 796 and 1795 in HD), a change to which was previously noticed, has moved to Ch. 119 and Ch. 1119 (HD), effective on January 1, 2014.

Effective January 1, 2014, Azteca Mexico (Ch. 3020) has been rebranded to Azteca Novelas.

Effective January 1, 2014, Baby TV (Ch. 330), a change to which was previously noticed, is only available in U-family, U400, U450 and U450 Latino effective on January 1, 2014.

Effective January 1, 2014, Shop NBC (Ch. 424) has been rebranded to Shop HQ.

February 2014:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contracts with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after February 2014: GMA Pinoy (Ch. 3683), STAR India PLUS (Ch. 3706) and Zee TV (Ch. 3702).

Effective on or after February 24, 2014, MeTV (Ch. 136) will no longer be available in Biloxi, MS and Odessa, TX.

Effective on or after February 24, 2014, The Sony Movie Channel will be moving from channel 1791 to channel 1793.

Effective on or after February 24, 2014, The HSN Shop by Remote application (Ch. 423) will no longer be available.

Effective February 24, IFC (Ch. 797) will no longer be available in the U-gov package.

March 2014:

AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after March 2014: SportsNet New York (Ch. 704), SportsNet New York Alternate (Ch. 705), SportsNet New York HD (Ch. 1704), SportsNet New York HD Alternate (Ch. 1705), ET News (Ch. 3631), ET Global (Ch. 3632), HRTV (Ch. 672), and SHORTS HD (Ch. 1789).

Effective on or after March 3, the Military Channel (Ch. 259) may be rebranded to the American Heroes Channel.

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

Message 1 of 13 (1,281 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: January Carriage Agreements:

Three things I found interesting in the January Carriage Agreement Notice are:

1) Effective on or after February 24, 2014, The Sony Movie Channel will be moving from channel 1791 to channel 1793.

I wonder what the purpose of this move is? There has to be some reason for it.

2) Effective on or after March 3, the Military Channel (Ch. 259) may be rebranded to the American Heroes Channel.

The words "may be rebranded" are curious. It sounds like a decision to change the name is not definite.

3) The loss of Shorts HD (1789) would not be a tragedy to me. You never know what you are watching.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13 (1,271 Views)

Short list all around. I like it. less for the masses to threaten leaving over.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 13 (1,241 Views)
ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

Short list all around. I like it. less for the masses to threaten leaving over.

Someone will find something to threaten to leave over. Who will be our winner as the first this month?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 13 (1,231 Views)
ACE - Professor

Effective on or after February 24, 2014, The HSN Shop by Remote application (Ch. 423) will no longer be available.

I'm glad this one os leaving. It's the one shopping channel thing that you can't hide.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 5 of 13 (1,199 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

It seems like AT&T has finally figured out how to move a channel... make sure the DVR recordings update automatically and put a blue screen with a message at the old location. Smiley Happy

I am also extremely happy to lose the HSN 423 (and I'm assuming 1423 as well) channels.

People may be mad over the SNY stuff...I think they're the Mets channel, obviously only in the NYC area, but you never know. I'm sure the OPWs from Kansas and wherever else will post. I want to say I saw someone post about the loss of TVG, so I'm sure the HRTV people will be upset. ShortsHD will also be cause for concern...bottom line? If you don't think they will be mad, they will.

"Where is the Military Channel? Comcast had it last week!"

Oh, and MeTV is a subchannel! YAY! Smiley Happy sarcasm

Message 6 of 13 (1,179 Views)
Scholar

This is type of carriage news i like nothing long .

Message 7 of 13 (1,168 Views)
ACE - Professor

Shorts is part of HD Premium, right? Depending on what happens there, I wonder what'll happen to the price of the only way to get NFL RedZone.

Too bad they won't bump RZ to sports pack.
Message 8 of 13 (1,124 Views)
Employee

baseballisback wrote:
Shorts is part of HD Premium, right? Depending on what happens there, I wonder what'll happen to the price of the only way to get NFL RedZone.

Too bad they won't bump RZ to sports pack.

That's NFL Network. It's placement and packaging is by contractual obligations.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 13 (1,122 Views)

I would hate for U-verse to drop Shorts HD.  I love that channel.  Most cable providers don't carry it.

Message 10 of 13 (1,087 Views)
Scholar

How many times have HRTV been in the carriage notices and everytime it ends up staying most of contracts get renewed .

Message 11 of 13 (1,068 Views)
ACE - Professor

I know NFL Network dictates where it goes... However, I believe both Comcast and TW have RedZone in their sports packs. Based off that, maybe there's hope for the future.
Message 12 of 13 (1,008 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

texasguy37 wrote:

From the link below:

Effective on or after February 24, 2014, The Sony Movie Channel will be moving from channel 1791 to channel 1793.

Effective on or after February 24, 2014, The HSN Shop by Remote application (Ch. 423) will no longer be available..

Effective on or after March 3, the Military Channel (Ch. 259) may be rebranded to the American Heroes Channel.

Mental note to self to check if Sony moved and it probably did. I have it blocked, so I wouldn't know.

As of yesterday, HSN 423 and 1423 were still there.

And mental note to everyone that Military Channel might be rebranded....get ready for the OPWs.

Message 13 of 13 (790 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.