Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 19, 2013
7:43:53 AM
View profile
Issues with Uverse Internet. Help please?

Ok so I've had at&t uverse internet for about a year and a half. I've had issues since switching from at&t dsl that I had for so long. I switched mostly because of the speed. I'm a gamer so I prefer to have the better speed to download patches faster.

Anyway, onto the issues. I've had techies out to my house numerous times. I've had tests ran on my lines. AT&T has yet to solve the problem. That problem is, during rainy days, whether it's a light rain or a heavy thunderstorm, my internet drops. The little service light on the modem turns red. It does it everytime it rains. During light rains, it'll go in and out. If it's a thunderstorm or just heavy rain, it'll stay out until the storm passes. I've even had a techie from at&t who lives in my town and actually a friend of mine bring over a brand new Motrola NVG510 modem after scheduling the tech appointment. Switching the modems didn't fix the problem. Can't figure out why it's doing this. It never did it with DSL, and I've seen tons of people say they don't have problems during rain.

I do have one other problem that I can't figure out. I have multiple computers in the house. Mine and a few others are connected via an ethernet cable. I do have one computer that I use a USB wireless adapter on. I've tried different wireless adapters, but they all cause the same problem. I even have the same problem on my xbox360 using the wireless connection. The problem is, occasionally, the wireless connection drops. I've checked the little icon down in the taskbar and it shows the little red x like it's not connected. It still lists my network SSID and I'll try to connect, but it won't do it. I've tried putting the adapter in a different USB port. I've tried reinstalling the adapter drivers. I even went as far as rebooting the computer to see if that would fix it. It doesn't. The only thing that fixes it is actually resetting the modem. I pull out the power cord in the back of the modem, wait 10 seconds, and then plug it back on. After the modem boots up and the internet is up, the wireless adapter connects immediately. What could be causing this wireless issue to happen and why do I have to reset the modem everytime to fix it?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Ok so I've had at&t uverse internet for about a year and a half. I've had issues since switching from at&t dsl that I had for so long. I switched mostly because of the speed. I'm a gamer so I prefer to have the better speed to download patches faster.

Anyway, onto the issues. I've had techies out to my house numerous times. I've had tests ran on my lines. AT&T has yet to solve the problem. That problem is, during rainy days, whether it's a light rain or a heavy thunderstorm, my internet drops. The little service light on the modem turns red. It does it everytime it rains. During light rains, it'll go in and out. If it's a thunderstorm or just heavy rain, it'll stay out until the storm passes. I've even had a techie from at&t who lives in my town and actually a friend of mine bring over a brand new Motrola NVG510 modem after scheduling the tech appointment. Switching the modems didn't fix the problem. Can't figure out why it's doing this. It never did it with DSL, and I've seen tons of people say they don't have problems during rain.

I do have one other problem that I can't figure out. I have multiple computers in the house. Mine and a few others are connected via an ethernet cable. I do have one computer that I use a USB wireless adapter on. I've tried different wireless adapters, but they all cause the same problem. I even have the same problem on my xbox360 using the wireless connection. The problem is, occasionally, the wireless connection drops. I've checked the little icon down in the taskbar and it shows the little red x like it's not connected. It still lists my network SSID and I'll try to connect, but it won't do it. I've tried putting the adapter in a different USB port. I've tried reinstalling the adapter drivers. I even went as far as rebooting the computer to see if that would fix it. It doesn't. The only thing that fixes it is actually resetting the modem. I pull out the power cord in the back of the modem, wait 10 seconds, and then plug it back on. After the modem boots up and the internet is up, the wireless adapter connects immediately. What could be causing this wireless issue to happen and why do I have to reset the modem everytime to fix it?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Issues with Uverse Internet. Help please?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 9:36:37 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have exactly the same problems every time it rains.

I have exactly the same problems every time it rains.

Re: Issues with Uverse Internet. Help please?

2 of 5 (403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 5:31:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

No answer? Why would the internet randomly drop wifi on all devices connected to wifi and the only way to fix it is reset the modem?

It's completely random. Sometimes I can go a full day and not have to reset. Sometimes I can go 2 or 3 days and not reset. Then there are days I have to reset the modem 2 or 3 times in a day.

I connect my smartphone, xbox 360, my printer, a desktop computer, and multiple tablets all via wireless. Now, they're not all connected at the same time. My smartphone, and printer are pretty much connected 24/7 and a desktop computer is connected daily, but the others aren't always turned on everyday. But still, the wifi drops and the only way for me to fix it is to reset the modem. The internet itself doesn't drop on the other computers that are connected via ethernet, but the wifi does. What could be causing this and how would you fix it so I don't have to reset the modem so much?

No answer? Why would the internet randomly drop wifi on all devices connected to wifi and the only way to fix it is reset the modem?

It's completely random. Sometimes I can go a full day and not have to reset. Sometimes I can go 2 or 3 days and not reset. Then there are days I have to reset the modem 2 or 3 times in a day.

I connect my smartphone, xbox 360, my printer, a desktop computer, and multiple tablets all via wireless. Now, they're not all connected at the same time. My smartphone, and printer are pretty much connected 24/7 and a desktop computer is connected daily, but the others aren't always turned on everyday. But still, the wifi drops and the only way for me to fix it is to reset the modem. The internet itself doesn't drop on the other computers that are connected via ethernet, but the wifi does. What could be causing this and how would you fix it so I don't have to reset the modem so much?

3 of 5 (312 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 6:29:23 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello Kailef,

I'm sorry about your service interruption when it rains and the difficulties you are having to keep your wireless devices connected to your network. I can help determine what is happening to your gateway and make arrangements to have a technician resolve any issues outside. I have sent you a private message to discuss your account and assist your further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello Kailef,

I'm sorry about your service interruption when it rains and the difficulties you are having to keep your wireless devices connected to your network. I can help determine what is happening to your gateway and make arrangements to have a technician resolve any issues outside. I have sent you a private message to discuss your account and assist your further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 1:37:11 PM
(0)
Employee
Hello Kailef,

Just checking in with you to find out if your issues were resolved. I see the technician performed some repairs on the outside line and the Noise I previously found has been eliminated. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank You,

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare
If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Hello Kailef,

Just checking in with you to find out if your issues were resolved. I see the technician performed some repairs on the outside line and the Noise I previously found has been eliminated. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank You,

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (229 Views)