Helpful Links

Issues with Tech certification and scheduling

Contributor

Issues with Tech certification and scheduling

First, I would like to say I have never written a letter of complaint to any company. However, since I established service with AT&T for U-verse I have had nothing but trouble. Below you will find the detailed problems I have encountered through my service with AT&T Uverse cable and internet. What should have been a fairly simple process has turned into a 2 week headache. As of this date, 2 weeks after my service was installed, I still do not have service.

As you will see detailed below, not only have I have numerous strangers coming inside and outside my house, but have given up many evenings waiting for a technician to arrive, only to be stood up. I was not bothered that there were initial problems. I understand that these things happen. My frustration comes from the lack of service I have experienced in the area of technicians and how they “pick up” an order.

In addition, due to having no service for the past 2 weeks, I have had to use my own Verizon wi-fi to spend countless time online with support.

On a positive side note, I would like to say how easy and helpful the online support has been.

AT&T U-Verse Timeline of Service and support calls:

9/7: U-Verse installed. Appointment was between 1 and 3. Tech didn’t get here until 4. Everything working when he left. When I got home nothing was working. Contacted support.

9/9: Tech came and replaced modem. Worked for about 2 hours then went out again. Contact support and another appointment made.

9/12: Came home and services were working for 2 hours straight. Cancelled appointment. Tech still stopped by and said they had been working on the fiber optic cables. Seemed to have fixed problem. Later than night, nothing was working again.

9/16: Contacted support via chat. Explained I truly believe problem is in fiber optics. Arranged tech to come out tomorrow (9/17). Also requested refund as I paid the full bill but didn’t see how that was fair since I have yet to have consistent service. Offered $15 credit.

9/17: Tech never called to make sure I was home; just showed up. Stayed about 3 minutes and informed me he isn’t trained in fiber optics. Contacted support via chat. They said they saw in my account that the technician is not trained in fiber optics and they would reschedule an appointment for. Was offered a $30 credit due to inconvenience. Was given an appointment of 12 – 3 but advised I would be working. Changed to 4 – 8. She said someone trained in fiber optics would come.

In between these calls to support service would come on and off. Never did service last longer than 4 straight hours.

9/18: Around 2:30 go t a call from a tech seeing when I would be home. He was pushy about getting the job done. Just tried to push it off on someone else. I asked if he was trained in fiber optics and he said no. Why did he pick the ticket up when I specifically said it was fiber optics? I advised and confirmed an appoint for 4 – 8. Never heard back. At 3:30 a tech showed up and was able to figure out the problem. A card need to be replaced. He said someone would call and set up appointment.

9/19: Never heard from anyone. Chat support set up appointment for me. Should have been done yesterday as I was advised by tech.

9/20: No one showed up. Contacted support at 6. Was told it would take another 48 hours and the tech was been scheduled. Said the engineer came today but there was no access to the outside box. Asked how 48 hours will make possible for him to access?

Message 1 of 2

Re: Issues with Tech certification and scheduling

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support