Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 28, 2011
11:41:31 AM
View profile
Is there a way to prevent the TV going into sleep mode.

Is there a way to prevent the TV going into sleep mode.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2011 12:39:06 PM
(0)
Scholar

What kind of TV and how long have you had it?

What kind of TV and how long have you had it?

Re: Is there a way to prevent the TV going into sleep mode.

2 of 4 (831 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2011 4:33:54 PM
(0)
Expert

I think they may be talking about a way to stop the stbs from going into standby mode after 8 hours of inactivity.  If so, the answer officially is no.  But many people have been trying to come up with ways.  If that is not what the OP was referring to, then, never mind.Smiley Wink

I think they may be talking about a way to stop the stbs from going into standby mode after 8 hours of inactivity.  If so, the answer officially is no.  But many people have been trying to come up with ways.  If that is not what the OP was referring to, then, never mind.Smiley Wink

3 of 4 (800 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 11:08:47 AM
(0)
Voyager

I just "officially" found out about this sleep mode thing last night! I have had several techs out (for various issues!) & asked about this & none of them mentioned it could be AT&T's sleep mode. I gave them all the info I could, the first clue being "It happens at different times on all my TV's" & none of the techs mentioned this. I'll bet most of them don't know!

I called the 24/7 help line & a great gal told me about it! Until then, I had NO CLUE that this happened!!!! I usually find a channel I like & keep it there & wander from room to room until I go to sleep. Now I know that I need to do 'something' to let the TV know I'm still 'watching' it.

My plan is to train myself to change channels when I wake up for the "call of nature"! Smiley Wink

I just "officially" found out about this sleep mode thing last night! I have had several techs out (for various issues!) & asked about this & none of them mentioned it could be AT&T's sleep mode. I gave them all the info I could, the first clue being "It happens at different times on all my TV's" & none of the techs mentioned this. I'll bet most of them don't know!

I called the 24/7 help line & a great gal told me about it! Until then, I had NO CLUE that this happened!!!! I usually find a channel I like & keep it there & wander from room to room until I go to sleep. Now I know that I need to do 'something' to let the TV know I'm still 'watching' it.

My plan is to train myself to change channels when I wake up for the "call of nature"! Smiley Wink

4 of 4 (399 Views)