Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 5, 2014
4:32:15 PM
View profile
Is there a fraud or stealing service department?

My neighbor has a cable running from the curb-side box of another address, across his driveway, across his front lawn, and then into his house.  

I've tried calling several AT&T departments for Uverse and they cant help or investigate because I dont have a UVerse account, only Cell Account.  

Who can I report this to?

My neighbor has a cable running from the curb-side box of another address, across his driveway, across his front lawn, and then into his house.  

I've tried calling several AT&T departments for Uverse and they cant help or investigate because I dont have a UVerse account, only Cell Account.  

Is there a fraud or stealing service department?

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2014 4:39:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

mershu wrote:

@mershu 

If he has relatively new service the cable probably hasn't been buried yet.  If it's UVerse he has to have the correct boxes for the service to work making it virtually impossible to steal the service.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

mershu wrote:

@mershu 

If he has relatively new service the cable probably hasn't been buried yet.  If it's UVerse he has to have the correct boxes for the service to work making it virtually impossible to steal the service.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Is there a fraud or stealing service department?

2 of 15 (1,062 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2014 7:34:59 PM
(0)
Teacher
I had the same thing....temp cable because my drop was bad. Took a month until the contractor showed up and ran a new drop.
I had the same thing....temp cable because my drop was bad. Took a month until the contractor showed up and ran a new drop.

3 of 15 (978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 9:59:35 AM
(0)
Employee

Yes this can take quite some time there is a lot going on in the background to bury a drop, Flagging if needed to close a portion of the road, USA to ensure no other cables pipes etc will be in the path, city,county or state permints, HOA requirements (usually when or when they cannot be there working) then it all goes to a contractor in most cases.

Yes this can take quite some time there is a lot going on in the background to bury a drop, Flagging if needed to close a portion of the road, USA to ensure no other cables pipes etc will be in the path, city,county or state permints, HOA requirements (usually when or when they cannot be there working) then it all goes to a contractor in most cases.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 15 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2015 10:19:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have a rent house in which the tenants had uverse or DSL installed without my permission. AT&T has no record of services to that location since 2012, yet equipment installed within last 9 months. No one can help me. Tenant was former employee, best friend is employee and Dad is an employee. Possible that it was illegal install as a favor? If so, who can help me get this resolved? I was given a ticket # but no one at AT&T seems to know who issues ticket numbers. No documentation has ever been attached to address even though numerous calls.

Any suggestions since damage was done to the exterior and interior of my house?

I have a rent house in which the tenants had uverse or DSL installed without my permission. AT&T has no record of services to that location since 2012, yet equipment installed within last 9 months. No one can help me. Tenant was former employee, best friend is employee and Dad is an employee. Possible that it was illegal install as a favor? If so, who can help me get this resolved? I was given a ticket # but no one at AT&T seems to know who issues ticket numbers. No documentation has ever been attached to address even though numerous calls.

Any suggestions since damage was done to the exterior and interior of my house?

5 of 15 (502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2015 10:52:45 AM
(0)
Employee

You need to contact the tenant as the responsible party.....

From the Uverse TOS the account holder had to sign.....

3. INSTALLATION/SERVICE

You will be responsible for payment of service charges for visits by AT&T or its subcontractors to your premises when a service request results from causes not attributable to AT&T or its subcontractors, including, but not limited to, when you are unwilling to complete troubleshooting steps requested by AT&T. You will provide AT&T and its subcontractors with reasonable access to your premises in order to install, maintain, and repair the Service and you authorize any other adult resident or guest at your residence to grant access to your premises for these purposes. You understand and agree that AT&T may drill, cut, and otherwise alter improvements on the premises (including walls, flooring, and/or other surfaces) in order to install, maintain, or repair the Service. If you do not own your premises or your unit is part of a multi-tenant environment (e.g., apartment building, condominium, private subdivision), you warrant that you have obtained permission from any necessary party, including but not limited to the owner, landlord, or building manager, to allow AT&T and its subcontractors reasonable access to install, maintain, and repair the Service and to make any alterations AT&T deems appropriate for the work to be performed.

You acknowledge that AT&T may use existing wiring, including altering the wiring and removing accessories, located within your unit ("Inside Wiring"). You warrant that you own or control the Inside Wiring, and give AT&T permission to use, alter, and remove equipment from, such wiring. Without limiting any other provisions of this TOS, you agree to indemnify AT&T from and against all claims by an owner, landlord, building manager, or other party in connection with installation, maintenance, repair, or provision of the Services.

You need to contact the tenant as the responsible party.....

From the Uverse TOS the account holder had to sign.....

3. INSTALLATION/SERVICE

You will be responsible for payment of service charges for visits by AT&T or its subcontractors to your premises when a service request results from causes not attributable to AT&T or its subcontractors, including, but not limited to, when you are unwilling to complete troubleshooting steps requested by AT&T. You will provide AT&T and its subcontractors with reasonable access to your premises in order to install, maintain, and repair the Service and you authorize any other adult resident or guest at your residence to grant access to your premises for these purposes. You understand and agree that AT&T may drill, cut, and otherwise alter improvements on the premises (including walls, flooring, and/or other surfaces) in order to install, maintain, or repair the Service. If you do not own your premises or your unit is part of a multi-tenant environment (e.g., apartment building, condominium, private subdivision), you warrant that you have obtained permission from any necessary party, including but not limited to the owner, landlord, or building manager, to allow AT&T and its subcontractors reasonable access to install, maintain, and repair the Service and to make any alterations AT&T deems appropriate for the work to be performed.

You acknowledge that AT&T may use existing wiring, including altering the wiring and removing accessories, located within your unit ("Inside Wiring"). You warrant that you own or control the Inside Wiring, and give AT&T permission to use, alter, and remove equipment from, such wiring. Without limiting any other provisions of this TOS, you agree to indemnify AT&T from and against all claims by an owner, landlord, building manager, or other party in connection with installation, maintenance, repair, or provision of the Services.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 15 (491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2015 11:06:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

Tenant cannot provide copy of contract, has no account number, and only gave name of installer, who is their personal friend.Tenant was former employee of AT&T and father is current employee of AT&T. Not sure if that is why they are not cooperating or not.

I'm thinking no contract exist. If no contact, how does one explain newly installed AT&T equipment on and inside of my house?

Tenant cannot provide copy of contract, has no account number, and only gave name of installer, who is their personal friend.Tenant was former employee of AT&T and father is current employee of AT&T. Not sure if that is why they are not cooperating or not.

I'm thinking no contract exist. If no contact, how does one explain newly installed AT&T equipment on and inside of my house?

7 of 15 (486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2015 11:42:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Sounds to me like you need to go see Judge Judy........Smiley Wink

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Sounds to me like you need to go see Judge Judy........Smiley Wink

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 15 (476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2015 1:39:11 PM
(0)
Employee

If a hole is punched into a wall, fist, hammer, etc does not matter... if the tenant, or tenants family/friend or tenant appointed contactor created the hole.... The tenant is the one responsible for repairing or paying for repairs (security deposit).

It sounds as if you are trying to hold AT&T responsible for something your tenant did.

If a hole is punched into a wall, fist, hammer, etc does not matter... if the tenant, or tenants family/friend or tenant appointed contactor created the hole.... The tenant is the one responsible for repairing or paying for repairs (security deposit).

It sounds as if you are trying to hold AT&T responsible for something your tenant did.

9 of 15 (456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2015 4:36:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

Did you actually read what I wrote?

AT&T employee in AT&T vehicle installed the equipment and hooked up the line to the pole.

No contract was signed. Neighbor has picture of vehicle because he feared it would mess up his service.

So, wouldn't AT&T be responsible for work without my permission or consent? No contract to show tenant even lied that said it was approved by me.That's usually where tenants sign away landlord's rights. But, no one signed anything.

Odd, that an AT&T employee would not be concerned about theft of services and instead draw the conclusion that all I want is AT&T to pay.

AT&T employee in AT&T vehicle installed the equipment and hooked up the line to the pole.

No contract was signed. Neighbor has picture of vehicle because he feared it would mess up his service.

So, wouldn't AT&T be responsible for work without my permission or consent? No contract to show tenant even lied that said it was approved by me.That's usually where tenants sign away landlord's rights. But, no one signed anything.

Odd, that an AT&T employee would not be concerned about theft of services and instead draw the conclusion that all I want is AT&T to pay.

10 of 15 (436 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2015 5:16:52 PM
(0)
Employee

Uverse is not like cable where you can hook up a connection and get basic channels.

Uverse requires a gateway that must be registered to an account, with service connections (assignments) to a verifiable address.

The account holder would register the account online, where they agree to the Terms Of Service (TOS) agreement by checking a box that states I have read, understand and agree to the TOS. Failure to check the box means no service activation. 

There is no paper trail (contract), only an electronic form (contract)... There is no requiring proof from owner or manager of property to install, only the account holder stating they have permission as covered in my earlier post of TOS. By their checking and activating service, agreeing to terms, they are agreeing they have permission and are responsible for any representation they made to obtain service.

For your consideration the agreement every account  holder must agree to...

https://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/termsofservice.html

Question, what is it you do want by your postings.

If you own the property in question do you not have the right to have service removed by controlling the inside wiring. The outside drop and NID are company property but everything after the NID belongs to the residence, part of structured wiring.

Uverse is not like cable where you can hook up a connection and get basic channels.

Uverse requires a gateway that must be registered to an account, with service connections (assignments) to a verifiable address.

The account holder would register the account online, where they agree to the Terms Of Service (TOS) agreement by checking a box that states I have read, understand and agree to the TOS. Failure to check the box means no service activation. 

There is no paper trail (contract), only an electronic form (contract)... There is no requiring proof from owner or manager of property to install, only the account holder stating they have permission as covered in my earlier post of TOS. By their checking and activating service, agreeing to terms, they are agreeing they have permission and are responsible for any representation they made to obtain service.

For your consideration the agreement every account  holder must agree to...

https://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/termsofservice.html

Question, what is it you do want by your postings.

If you own the property in question do you not have the right to have service removed by controlling the inside wiring. The outside drop and NID are company property but everything after the NID belongs to the residence, part of structured wiring.

11 of 15 (417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2015 5:29:05 PM
(0)
Employee

A young man, starting on his own with no credit history or poor credit history would require a $449 non refundable fee to establish service. As a parent of such a person, I could have the account in my name (account holder) with billing to go to my address or email account but service provided at a different address.

But again for service to exist at an address (your tenant) there must be an account, an account holder, one who would have had to agree to the TOS as listed.

A young man, starting on his own with no credit history or poor credit history would require a $449 non refundable fee to establish service. As a parent of such a person, I could have the account in my name (account holder) with billing to go to my address or email account but service provided at a different address.

But again for service to exist at an address (your tenant) there must be an account, an account holder, one who would have had to agree to the TOS as listed.

12 of 15 (415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2015 5:41:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

FedUpCust15 wrote:

If you do not own your premises or your unit is part of a multi-tenant environment (e.g., apartment building, condominium, private subdivision), you warrant that you have obtained permission from any necessary party, including but not limited to the owner, landlord, or building manager, to allow AT&T and its subcontractors reasonable access to install, maintain, and repair the Service and to make any alterations AT&T deems appropriate for the work to be performed.

The answer to your question:  wouldn't AT&T be responsible for work without my permission or consent? is "No". 

Whoever acquired the service (tenant) WARRANTS (ie: guarantees) that permission has been obtained.  This gets ATT off the hook for any alterations that might have been made to a rental property.

FedUpCust15 wrote:

If you do not own your premises or your unit is part of a multi-tenant environment (e.g., apartment building, condominium, private subdivision), you warrant that you have obtained permission from any necessary party, including but not limited to the owner, landlord, or building manager, to allow AT&T and its subcontractors reasonable access to install, maintain, and repair the Service and to make any alterations AT&T deems appropriate for the work to be performed.

The answer to your question:  wouldn't AT&T be responsible for work without my permission or consent? is "No". 

Whoever acquired the service (tenant) WARRANTS (ie: guarantees) that permission has been obtained.  This gets ATT off the hook for any alterations that might have been made to a rental property.

13 of 15 (405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2015 8:04:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

Lots of great replies. Thanks!

AT&T has no record of any service at the address in 3 years. Even if signed up online, seems the address would show up.

Part of the mystery is that AT&T cannot find where there was any service.

I realize you all look out for AT&T, but certainly you can understand my concern.

No paper trails... nothing.Yet AT&T vehicle was there and all this equipment installed.

Trust me, I wish a paper trail would show up.

Lots of great replies. Thanks!

AT&T has no record of any service at the address in 3 years. Even if signed up online, seems the address would show up.

Part of the mystery is that AT&T cannot find where there was any service.

I realize you all look out for AT&T, but certainly you can understand my concern.

No paper trails... nothing.Yet AT&T vehicle was there and all this equipment installed.

Trust me, I wish a paper trail would show up.

14 of 15 (379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2015 7:26:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

As everyone has stated, your tenant has caused changes to be made to your property.  Your beef is with your tenant.  Whether he did it himself, his parent did it, AT&T did it, DirecTV did it, or his pet squirell did it, he is responsible.  Charge him, take him to small claims court, whatever.

As everyone has stated, your tenant has caused changes to be made to your property.  Your beef is with your tenant.  Whether he did it himself, his parent did it, AT&T did it, DirecTV did it, or his pet squirell did it, he is responsible.  Charge him, take him to small claims court, whatever.

15 of 15 (347 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments