Posted Feb 8, 2012
8:34:30 AM
View profile
Is the following address valid?
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 8, 2012 at 9:48:01 AM
I received a letter regarding my recent cancellation of Auto-Pay enrollment.  To be honest, the black-and-white logo and lack of return postage made me a bit leery as this didn't appear at all professional to me. 

The letter asks for credit card information to reinstate this option, and I want the return address verified before I mail the letter back with such personal data.

When I Google on it, various health firms come up, but not AT&T. 

AT&T AutoPay Program
Southfield, **

[edited for safety]

I received a letter regarding my recent cancellation of Auto-Pay enrollment.  To be honest, the black-and-white logo and lack of return postage made me a bit leery as this didn't appear at all professional to me. 

The letter asks for credit card information to reinstate this option, and I want the return address verified before I mail the letter back with such personal data.

AT&T AutoPay Program
Southfield, **

[edited for safety]

Is the following address valid?

[ Edited ]
9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2012 9:44:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Looks like a phishing letter.  AT&T would not send you a letter asking you to mail them your credit card information.

Looks like a phishing letter.  AT&T would not send you a letter asking you to mail them your credit card information.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Is the following address valid?

2 of 10 (1,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2012 10:21:51 AM
(0)
Thank you for your prompt response.  I really was tempted to mail the form back as I'm unable despite repeated tries to re-enroll in the Auto-Pay program using the online screens.  I do wish somebody would fix my previous problem about that.  I will  keep trying and maybe my CC information will "miraculously" go through some day soon.

Judith
Thank you for your prompt response.  I really was tempted to mail the form back as I'm unable despite repeated tries to re-enroll in the Auto-Pay program using the online screens.  I do wish somebody would fix my previous problem about that.  I will  keep trying and maybe my CC information will "miraculously" go through some day soon.

Judith

3 of 10 (1,248 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2012 11:23:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you are having issues, send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

If you are having issues, send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (1,240 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2012 1:27:33 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Thank you @texasguy37!

Judity wrote:

AT&T AutoPay Program
Southfield, **

[edited for safety]

Welcome Judity and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the account trouble. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

Regards,
Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Thank you @texasguy37!

Judity wrote:

AT&T AutoPay Program
Southfield, **

[edited for safety]

Welcome Judity and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the account trouble. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

Regards,
Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 10 (1,230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2012 5:22:56 PM
(0)
Contributor
I am so glad I saw this. These people have been sending me a bill asking for my credit card information for over a year now. I refuse them and send them back but each month they send another one. Thanks everyone who answered.

Is anything being done about this?
I am so glad I saw this. These people have been sending me a bill asking for my credit card information for over a year now. I refuse them and send them back but each month they send another one. Thanks everyone who answered.

6 of 10 (1,164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2012 7:24:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Alan19email47 wrote:

When you send them back, all it does is validate your email address. You should never reply to any of those phishing scams.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Alan19email47 wrote:

When you send them back, all it does is validate your email address. You should never reply to any of those phishing scams.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

7 of 10 (1,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 4:14:43 AM
(0)
Att needs to warn people about this, and get law enforcement involved. They are using at&t intellectual property for illegal purposes and certainly without permission. This is going to get consumers very angry with at&t since this has been going on for years now, and apparently for over 2 years now. I have received 3 of these now, the latest was clearly made on an inkjet printer which is what gives it away, not to mention the fact that it says to reply within 30 days, and I got the first more than 2 months ago.
Att needs to warn people about this, and get law enforcement involved. They are using at&t intellectual property for illegal purposes and certainly without permission. This is going to get consumers very angry with at&t since this has been going on for years now, and apparently for over 2 years now. I have received 3 of these now, the latest was clearly made on an inkjet printer which is what gives it away, not to mention the fact that it says to reply within 30 days, and I got the first more than 2 months ago.

8 of 10 (615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2013 1:34:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Believe it or not this is a legitimiate letter. It may be related to an old account. 

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Believe it or not this is a legitimiate letter. It may be related to an old account. 

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

9 of 10 (532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 10:32:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

Something really fishy with this letter. I think it is a scam. The page is printed with an inkjet printer and the ink smears when wet. Also I do not have an ATT account so why am I getting these????? I have notified the police and hope they will investigate it. 

Something really fishy with this letter. I think it is a scam. The page is printed with an inkjet printer and the ink smears when wet. Also I do not have an ATT account so why am I getting these????? I have notified the police and hope they will investigate it. 

10 of 10 (298 Views)