Is my home phone "bugged"

Contributor

Is my home phone "bugged"

I've had VOIP Uverse home phone service for 11 months now.  In the last month or so, I am hearing an intermittent "beep" (every 5 secs or so) while I am talking with someone.  This only occurs when I am talking to someone outside my area code.  It's as though someone is recording our conversation.  the persons I talk with do not hear the "beeps".  Any suggestions/comments???

Message 1 of 5 (326 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Is my home phone "bugged"

OMG....Mine was beeping last night too.

Oh wait....that's the 'low battery' warning on my cordless phone.

If we're talking about a cordless phone, you may need a new battery.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (303 Views)
ACE - Master

It's probably call waiting tone your hearing. 

Call Waiting for U-verse Voice

Call Waiting allows you to take another call while you are already on the phone. A special tone will indicate an incoming call. If you have a Caller ID phone, then the number of the incoming caller will be displayed.

To answer the incoming call, press the Flash button or the Hang Up button, putting the first call on hold. To return to the first call or switch back and forth between the calls, simply press and release the Flash button or the Hang Up button.

You can turn off Call Waiting permanently or disable call waiting for just a particular call:

• Disable before placing a call: Press *70 to temporarily disable Call Waiting before dialing the number then press # to initiate the call. Once you hang up, Call Waiting will automatically turn back on.
  • Disable during a call: Press the Flash button or the Hang Up button during a call and dial *70# to temporarily disable Call Waiting. Press the Flash or Hang Up button again to return to your call. Call Waiting will automatically turn back on when you hang up.
  • Turn off: To permanently turn off Call Waiting, press *370# from your home phone.
  • Turn on:To turn Call Waiting on, press *371# from your home phone.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5 (294 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Good call BeeBee...so either call waiting or low battery....but most likely NOT bugged!

Message 4 of 5 (275 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

It's the Orkin Man!!

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 5 of 5 (256 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.