Is it possible to have TV receivers at different addresses under the same account?

Contributor

Is it possible to have TV receivers at different addresses under the same account?

[ Edited ]

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if its possible to have TV receivers at different addresses under the same account.  For example, a family member has U-verse service at their house and I do not.  I would like to get a receiver for my house registered under their account.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 4 (6,716 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Is it possible to have TV receivers at different addresses under the same account?

It's hard to get two different accounts at the same address but should be no problem getting the same account at two different addresses.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (6,696 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Is it possible to have TV receivers at different addresses under the same account?

StrawberryFields - I am thinking you cannot get full account service for the price of a single box. Service to your second location requires a port at the VRAD, a loop, an RG and an install that is not included in the installation and rental of a single STB. If you want service at your location you will need to pay for that service regardess of whose name is on the account.

If you want to piggyback off another service, get a Slingbox and the extra receiver at the first location. Of course, you will be sharing streams and DVR so, both of you are low volume users & your plan is to share the base cost of content.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (6,691 Views)
Employee

How far apart are the addresses, your receiver on their account has to be able to connect to their RG, either wired or wirelessly.

I have seen family members in side by side or upper/lower duplexes (different addresses, same building) share one account.
Due to distance limitation of both hardwired ( about 300 feet Ethernet) and wireless (150 feet) STBs, if not close not going to work.
As previously stated sharing DVR and 4 inputs for live tv and/or recordings.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (6,689 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.