Is Uverse comming in my area?

Mentor

Is Uverse comming in my area?

I live in Albany, Georgia but twp or three hours away from Atlanta how do i find out if uverse is ever coming to my city?

Message 1 of 8
Guru

Re: Is Uverse comming in my area?

Now read carefully.

I got uverse many years ago after repeated checks for availability. Half of my sub had it but of course I didn't. I searched att with my # and "not available" came up every time. I requested a call on their site when it became available and of course the no call.

Finally I called and just like that "yeah it's available" I was told. 

Point is, just don't stop looking into it. They roll out in certain areas for various reasons (projected customers, infrastructure, etc.). Keep trying and good luck. It will be worth it.

Message 2 of 8
Guru

By the way, I'm in Canton, Michigan (west of Detroit).

Message 3 of 8
Mentor

I've been filling out the form to check availability since 2007 and for someone to call no call yet and not available i don't see anyone in my city having the service if they did a lot of people would know because we only have one cable company which is mediacom and they charge too much i pay over $200 just for cable and don't get many channels everyone is waiting for another company to come we don't have any options only satelite which they lie about their prices so really no choice if u-verse is available in Georgia they should be expanding their services to other cities we're in a small city which services always seem to be slower for small cities but famous people have been born here like Ray Charles, JoMarie Payton, Deon Branch and Phillip Phillips is from leesburg which is the next neighboring city

Message 4 of 8
Guru

Probably contractual through the city for one supplier (land). Money grab. Last city I lived in did that with comcast. You'll have to go dish or stay and suffer for now. Good luck.

Message 5 of 8
Mentor

The city doesn't care we had a cable company come here but was blamed for using mediacom box which didn't make sense because this company internet speed went up to 1000mbps i've brought olive garden to my city without the help of our elected officials olive garden has been busy with a lot of people eating i'm trying to get uverse or comcast here we're trying to avoid paying high bills when we don't get but 78 or 21 channels and pay over $200 for it dish lies about prices and say they don't do payment arrangements so that isn't an option i saw that uverse covers Georgia they should extend their service here we already have att here besides phone service they just offer direttv instead of cable

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

Hi 

I was reading one of the forums about Uverse not being in a person's area and they said to contact you.  We have Uverse in our home in California and we are moving into our rental in Reno, Nv.  Uverse is across the street from us probably a 1/2 mile or so. Could you tell me if uverse is coming to the rest of Coldsprings, NV?  

Thank you 

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

This is silly, but its true. I couldnt believe it. 6 blocks from my house at my brother's rental property in Atlanta, they have it, same area, same zip code. I believe my area is red-lined. From east of one street to west of another street, south on another street, and north of another street, basically in the OTHER neighborhoods. I'm a home owner, and a property owner just like other good folks. I know what to do, just like with Direct TV, after 15 years, CANCEL, and wait for them to get it together. I'm not going to waste my money, or pay higher service charges, because of living in the city. I guess when they finish the new DOME, and the home prices go up, it will be good enough then.

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support