Helpful Links

Is Chat considered part of Customer Care or Customer Service?

Contributor

Is Chat considered part of Customer Care or Customer Service?

I just tried to cancel my U-Verse Internet and the operator on Chat refused to remove it.  His name is Christopher and he refused to give me his employee number.  Any other time I have done Chat or spoken with Customer Care, the employee has always provided me with their employee number.  I explained why I wanted to remove internet, including the fact that my bill has been incorrect for 6 months.  He said that I was inappropriate with my answers.  I printed up the entire conversation and no where am I inappropriate, in fact, with his attitude, I would say that I was very patient.  How can I get in touch with a manager in the Chat portion of AT&T?  This has got to be an all-time low in Customer Care at AT&T.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Guru

Re: Is Chat considered part of Customer Care or Customer Service?

The only way to cancel your service is to call 1-800-288-2020 and say "Cancel Service".

To my knowledge this is the only way  to cancel your service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Community Manager

Hello, laine105!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with one of our chat reps. I would be happy to forward your comments. If you don't mind, please send me a private message with more detailed information about your chat session.

If you still need help canceling your U-verse Internet, please let me know so we can get that taken care of as well.

Once again, I apologize for your recent experience. Let me know if there is anything else we can do to help!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5
Employee

Jeffster is correct,you cannot cancel via chat nor email basically because they need to confirm you are who you are.They have no idea if you are a disgruntled huband/wife  etc trying to make life miserable for the other. Ive actually heard where collection agencies with only a phone number try to chat in and confirm addresses and additional phone numbers, email addresses etc (ruthless they are) . So i wouldnt get too upset that you couldnt go online to cancel , its just for your personall information safety. As for the rude chat agent i beleive Marriana has contacted you regarding that issue

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

Constructive wrote:

Jeffster is correct,you cannot cancel via chat nor email basically because they need to confirm you are who you are.They have no idea if you are a disgruntled huband/wife  etc trying to make life miserable for the other. Ive actually heard where collection agencies with only a phone number try to chat in and confirm addresses and additional phone numbers, email addresses etc (ruthless they are) . So i wouldnt get too upset that you couldnt go online to cancel , its just for your personall information safety. As for the rude chat agent i beleive Marriana has contacted you regarding that issue

Regardless whether you can cancel via chat is irrelevent.  The fact that the chat agent was being less than professional is the real problem.  I do chaat support in my job and all of our chat transcripts are recorded.  

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support