Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 18, 2013
4:56:17 PM
View profile
Internet Service Unsatisfactory All the time

I love AT & T wireless, television, and phone.  But the Internet?  Nope and so much so, I am seriously considering cancelling all of my Uverse services.  I have had Uverse since May.  I was told I could get 24 mbps, and discovered after I got my bill, I could only get 18.  Okay...I could live with that.  But since then, we have had ROTTEN download speeds.  Right now, I am speeding along at 1 Mbps.  We have (of late) sped up to 3 Mbps download.  I have had techs out, called tech services, reset my modem, and the service has been getting progressively worse.  This is very frustrating and even though I love the rest of the services, Uverse may be out the door without a quick solution.

I love AT & T wireless, television, and phone.  But the Internet?  Nope and so much so, I am seriously considering cancelling all of my Uverse services.  I have had Uverse since May.  I was told I could get 24 mbps, and discovered after I got my bill, I could only get 18.  Okay...I could live with that.  But since then, we have had ROTTEN download speeds.  Right now, I am speeding along at 1 Mbps.  We have (of late) sped up to 3 Mbps download.  I have had techs out, called tech services, reset my modem, and the service has been getting progressively worse.  This is very frustrating and even though I love the rest of the services, Uverse may be out the door without a quick solution.

Internet Service Unsatisfactory All the time

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 8:32:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Sep 19, 2013 at 8:32:48 AM

Are the speeds you mentioned that you get testing wireless or hardwired?  If wireless try connecting hardwired to the AT&T router and see if it improves (to test). 

If it does you could also be on a congested wireless channel causing your speeds to drop.  You can download a free program called inSSIDer here: http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/  Run the program and change your wireless channel in the router to the least congested one.  I have mine on 8.

Also if you have any old 2.4Ghz cordless phones those can cause interference too since they operate in the same frequency as the wireless signal.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Are the speeds you mentioned that you get testing wireless or hardwired?  If wireless try connecting hardwired to the AT&T router and see if it improves (to test). 

If it does you could also be on a congested wireless channel causing your speeds to drop.  You can download a free program called inSSIDer here: http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/  Run the program and change your wireless channel in the router to the least congested one.  I have mine on 8.

Also if you have any old 2.4Ghz cordless phones those can cause interference too since they operate in the same frequency as the wireless signal.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Internet Service Unsatisfactory All the time

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (325 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 8:40:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Once, (or if) you can eliminate Wireless as the issue, there are things to investigate about your lines or your traffic patterns.

At that point, go visit www.UVrealtime.com, download, install and run that application then post screenshots of the IP/Profile, Bitloading, Errors and Interfaces tabs in this thread.  We'll have a gander at them.

Once, (or if) you can eliminate Wireless as the issue, there are things to investigate about your lines or your traffic patterns.

At that point, go visit www.UVrealtime.com, download, install and run that application then post screenshots of the IP/Profile, Bitloading, Errors and Interfaces tabs in this thread.  We'll have a gander at them.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Internet Service Unsatisfactory All the time

3 of 3 (315 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments