After 3 different routers, about 10 devices and probably 20 hours, I'm stuck.
3801 HGV - RG
Mac laptops, Windows 8 Desktops, Mac desktops, Windows Laptops, iPads, iPhones, xboxs, ps3's etc...
Here's the situation:
1) When I remove all devices and connect a desktop through the RG LAN port, I get 24M throughput, video works fine, etc...
2) When I add any of the netgear wireless routers or switches, throughput drops to between 300k to 3M
3) I've disabled wireless on the RG but when enabled and devices connected, throughput drops to between 300k to 3M
4) I've attempted the DMZ to a wireless router, same result - crap throughput
5) Used speedtest, ookla, neubot, all show same degraded reports and great reports when directly connected to the RG LAN port
6) ICMP latency remains the same throughout - regardless of the tests
7) RG has been replaced, same results
8) No QOS or rate limiting on any of the routers - tried, didn't change anything.
Thoughts? Next steps in my journey to be able to watch a movie, play a game or any enjoy decent internet experience?
When you start adding routers, how are you connecting things up? Are you attempting to connect IPTV devices through them?
Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!