After 3 different routers, about 10 devices and probably 20 hours, I'm stuck.
3801 HGV - RG
Mac laptops, Windows 8 Desktops, Mac desktops, Windows Laptops, iPads, iPhones, xboxs, ps3's etc...
Here's the situation:
1) When I remove all devices and connect a desktop through the RG LAN port, I get 24M throughput, video works fine, etc...
2) When I add any of the netgear wireless routers or switches, throughput drops to between 300k to 3M
3) I've disabled wireless on the RG but when enabled and devices connected, throughput drops to between 300k to 3M
4) I've attempted the DMZ to a wireless router, same result - crap throughput
5) Used speedtest, ookla, neubot, all show same degraded reports and great reports when directly connected to the RG LAN port
6) ICMP latency remains the same throughout - regardless of the tests
7) RG has been replaced, same results
8) No QOS or rate limiting on any of the routers - tried, didn't change anything.
Thoughts? Next steps in my journey to be able to watch a movie, play a game or any enjoy decent internet experience?
When you start adding routers, how are you connecting things up? Are you attempting to connect IPTV devices through them?
Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.
This link will open a new window
© 2016 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!