Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 24, 2014
9:17:06 AM
View profile
Internal router bandwidth issues

After 3 different routers, about 10 devices and probably 20 hours, I'm stuck. 

Devices:

3801 HGV - RG

Netgear R7000

Netgear wnr2000v3

Cisco SF100-D

Cisco SG300-10P

Mac laptops, Windows 8 Desktops, Mac desktops, Windows Laptops, iPads, iPhones, xboxs, ps3's etc...

Here's the situation:

1) When I remove all devices and connect a desktop through the RG LAN port, I get 24M throughput, video works fine, etc...

2) When I add any of the netgear wireless routers or switches, throughput drops to between 300k to 3M

3) I've disabled wireless on the RG but when enabled and devices connected, throughput drops to between 300k to 3M

4) I've attempted the DMZ to a wireless router, same result - crap throughput

5) Used speedtest, ookla, neubot, all show same degraded reports and great reports when directly connected to the RG LAN port

6) ICMP latency remains the same throughout - regardless of the tests

7) RG has been replaced, same results

8) No QOS or rate limiting on any of the routers - tried, didn't change anything.

Thoughts?  Next steps in my journey to be able to watch a movie, play a game or any enjoy decent internet experience?

After 3 different routers, about 10 devices and probably 20 hours, I'm stuck. 

Devices:

3801 HGV - RG

Netgear R7000

Netgear wnr2000v3

Cisco SF100-D

Cisco SG300-10P

Mac laptops, Windows 8 Desktops, Mac desktops, Windows Laptops, iPads, iPhones, xboxs, ps3's etc...

Here's the situation:

1) When I remove all devices and connect a desktop through the RG LAN port, I get 24M throughput, video works fine, etc...

2) When I add any of the netgear wireless routers or switches, throughput drops to between 300k to 3M

3) I've disabled wireless on the RG but when enabled and devices connected, throughput drops to between 300k to 3M

4) I've attempted the DMZ to a wireless router, same result - crap throughput

5) Used speedtest, ookla, neubot, all show same degraded reports and great reports when directly connected to the RG LAN port

6) ICMP latency remains the same throughout - regardless of the tests

7) RG has been replaced, same results

8) No QOS or rate limiting on any of the routers - tried, didn't change anything.

Thoughts?  Next steps in my journey to be able to watch a movie, play a game or any enjoy decent internet experience?

Internal router bandwidth issues

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2014 12:13:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When you start adding routers, how are you connecting things up?  Are you attempting to connect IPTV devices through them?

When you start adding routers, how are you connecting things up?  Are you attempting to connect IPTV devices through them?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Internal router bandwidth issues

2 of 2 (185 Views)