Interactive features on Home Shopping Network noticed

Mentor

Interactive features on Home Shopping Network noticed

Normally, interactive featured on U-Verse are activated by tuning to a channel that normally has a still picture background, informing people to press OK to begin the app. What has changed with Home Shopping Channel is that when you tune to the channel, you see live video with a text icon informing viewers to press OK for interactive features.

Hopefully, we could see more interactive features in the future on live programs on regular channels!

Message 1 of 17 (867 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Interactive features on Home Shopping Network noticed

PeterAlt wrote:

dhascall wrote:

I actually would love to see the sort of interactivity that PeterAlt is describing.  Of course it would have to be an option, or else you would get folks who whine "I don't want / like / need that."  There was an ad for a new CBS show, this fall.  It offered an option to record the show by pressing OK.  I tried it and it worked.  It set up a series recording on channel 1008 (our local CBS affiliate).  That was cool.

NOW - that being said, interactivity has messed with the Weather Channel.

Really? We probably do have tru2way then!

Could be.  It would not be surprising, if U-Verse has it.  I would embrace full interactivity.  Maybe something like Trivia games that are found in  sports bars and such?   Maybe one could earn points for correctly guessing what kind of play would the next one in a football game, etc.?  Indianapolis beta tested a hand held box that used cell phone functionality for such interactivity back in the 90's.  sadly, that never took off.  Lots of trivia and guessing on sporting events.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 17 (612 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Interactive features on Home Shopping Network noticed

I think the tru2way standard is a dead artifact.  No one is making supporting hardware anymore.  The times have changed and technology has moved on.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 17 (582 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.