Instruction on how to control Bose Cinemate speakers with AT&T remote

Instruction on how to control Bose Cinemate speakers with AT&T remote

Greetings all,

Sorry for the duplicate post, I just wanted to give info on how to control your BOSE Cinemate speakers with the provided AT&T remote. Here are the details. Now if I can just figure out how to control the Pinnacle Show Center.

Hi All,

I was able to get my U-Verse DVR remote to control my Boze Cinemate Speakers. Here are the steps:

1. Send me $50 as a thank you - ok, just kidding :smileyhappy:

1. Release the volume controls and assign them to the AUX:
A. Press and hold AT&T Button and OK Button at the same time, release both buttons. All the mode keys will flash twice indicating you're in programming mode.
B. Enter 955 on the remote keypad, the AT&T key will flash twice indicating a correct entry
C. Press the mode key you want to alway receive the volume commands - I assigned mine to the AUX mode button. The mode key chosen will flash three times indicating  success. Volume commands will now be delivered to the AUX button regardless of the mode you are in.

2. Assign the AUX to the BOSE system:
A. Make sure the Boze remote receiver is powered on (green light is on).
B. Press and hold the AUX Button and OK Button at the same time, release both Buttons. All the mode keys will flash twice indicating you're in programming mode.
C. Enter the 4 digit BOSE code on the keypad, I used BOSE Remote Code 4000.
D. The AUX Button will flash three times  indicating correct entry.
You can test by hitting the power button while AUX is selected and the BOSE should turn off and should also be turned back on when hitting power once more. Volume control should also now control the BOSE regardless of what you are watching. Basically the Volume up and Volume down buttons are now set to send signals to the AUX mode regardless of the situation. Thus, you odo not need to select AUX when you want to control volume. You only need to hit the AUX button when you want to turn the BOSE system off or on.

Hope that helps, I'm new to U-Verse and so far rather pleased. I'm stubborn techie that doesn't like the machines winning so my next goal is to figure out what can and can't be done with the USB and network ports on these boxes without violating any terms of service, warranty, etc. I figure if that USB port wasn't meant to be used, it shouldn't have been put on the front of the box staring at me... taunting me. In fact he's looking at me right now. :smileywink:

Be well and enjoy!
-Scott
Message 1 of 17 (29,890 Views)
Contributor

Re: Instruction on how to control Bose Cinemate speakers with AT&T remote

SacredCow:

I feel like I owe you $50.  I used the same 955 trick to reassign the volume keys to my Sony receiver.  Thank you thank you thank you!

Matt
Message 2 of 17 (29,887 Views)
Expert

SC you may have duplicated the thread but it is helpful.
Message 3 of 17 (29,888 Views)
Contributor

I have Bose Cinemate Series II speakers that I am trying to control with my AT&T remote.  Code 4000 is not working (I get 3 red flashes after entering this code, but I am unable to power/control the speakers).  I have also tried other BOSE codes listed in the code manual (6060, 2130, 2276, 2215) but all of them give me the long flash.

I have also tried searching for the code via automatic search but to no avail.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 17 (29,889 Views)
Contributor

i have the same system and no luck running the speakers through the att remote. please let me know if you ever find the way to accomplish. thx

Message 5 of 17 (29,889 Views)
Contributor

Re: Instruction on how to control Bose Cinemate series ii speakers with AT&T remote

has anyone figured out how to do or have a proper code, the codes supplied by att do not work

Message 6 of 17 (29,891 Views)
Contributor

Re: Instruction on how to control Bose Cinemate series ii speakers with AT&T remote

I need the code as well. I can't get any of them to work. Very frustrating

Message 7 of 17 (29,565 Views)
Master

radio shack harmony 300   cheap ?

a thought

randy

Message 8 of 17 (29,558 Views)

Scott,

I just tried this procedure and it didn't work for me.

Step 1 worked and changed the volume control point to AUX.

Step 2 appeared to work ( all the right lights flashed ) but it does not turn off or control the Bose volume.

The Bose Remote code of 4000 doesn't appear to control my Bose.

I'm using the Bose CineMate GS Series II System.

Is this the system that you used ?

Thanks,

George

Message 9 of 17 (29,031 Views)
Contributor

This did not work for my Bose Cinemate Series II system either. I was also looking to program the BOSE remote to control the ATT Uverse box but I cannot find codes for it either.

Message 10 of 17 (28,571 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

For anybody else experiencing the problems with the Uverse remote controlling volume for the Bose Cinemate II speaker system, I was able to get it working perfectly using the RF Point Anywhere remote with the "Learn" function.  

Message 11 of 17 (25,311 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I want to apologize up front for being such a "Nube", but how do I use the "learn" function on the ATT remote? Please note that I just got ATT UVerse yesterday so I'm trying to figure out the entire thing. Switched from Cox. So please be gentle. ;o)

BTW, just looked at my ATT remote, my model does not have the "Learn" button.

Message 12 of 17 (25,017 Views)
ACE - Expert

puremgd- Yes, the learn button is only on the point anywhere remote. You need to program the aux button as directed in the instructions or look under the help menu. If you cannot get a code go for a logitech Harmony. The model 600 is on sale at Radio Shack for $30 for two more days. Read this -
http://forums.att.com/t5/Remote-Controls/U-verse-Remote-vs-Logitech-Harmony/m-p/3052971
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 17 (25,004 Views)
Teacher

Yeah,  apparently uverse standard black remote will not support the Bose Cinemate GS. Same as yours Im pretty sure George. I've messed with it most of the day, tried everything in this thread, codes and so on plus factory reset of the uverse remote, blah, blah, blah. Nothin. I also had the same thought - use the BOSE remote to control uverse, but like 1 post said here. No code for uverse available. I'll also mention I had an At&t guy here today on another matter and got him to mess with it to no avail. Looks like the Harmony is my last option. Sucks.  If anybody ever figures it out, sure hope they post the solution. 
Northbrookguy wrote:

Scott,

I just tried this procedure and it didn't work for me.

Step 1 worked and changed the volume control point to AUX.

Step 2 appeared to work ( all the right lights flashed ) but it does not turn off or control the Bose volume.

The Bose Remote code of 4000 doesn't appear to control my Bose.

I'm using the Bose CineMate GS Series II System.

Is this the system that you used ?

Thanks,

George

Message 14 of 17 (15,788 Views)
Teacher

Ditto. Same thing for me.
Message 15 of 17 (15,786 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.