Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 29, 2013
1:46:22 AM
View profile
Installment fees and service activation

We recently ordered direct tv and they bundled us with AT&T for DSL. When I called I was told the charges would be 39.95 a month, I never was told about the installment fees and service activation.. I have checked all my correspondence and information I have and I dont see that there was going to be the additional fee, I was told when i called that I wanted to also add a phone line and I was told there would be an appox 100.00 fee for this since I didnt set the phone line when I first called..They also have the installation date wrong... and one person told me this would only be on the 1st bill but when i look at the bill it says This charge was divided into equal monthly installments at your request (and im not sure where they got this from) anyway any suggestions on where i call or contact.. or can I get this cancelled since I definatly am not happy and its only been 5 days...Julie

We recently ordered direct tv and they bundled us with AT&T for DSL. When I called I was told the charges would be 39.95 a month, I never was told about the installment fees and service activation.. I have checked all my correspondence and information I have and I dont see that there was going to be the additional fee, I was told when i called that I wanted to also add a phone line and I was told there would be an appox 100.00 fee for this since I didnt set the phone line when I first called..They also have the installation date wrong... and one person told me this would only be on the 1st bill but when i look at the bill it says This charge was divided into equal monthly installments at your request (and im not sure where they got this from) anyway any suggestions on where i call or contact.. or can I get this cancelled since I definatly am not happy and its only been 5 days...Julie

Installment fees and service activation

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 8:34:41 AM
(0)
Master

jashikino wrote:

My suggestion is to cancel everything with DirecTV except the TV service, and the go directly to AT&T for your phone and internet service. Your DirecTV bill might be somewhat higher, but you'll get a much better deal getting your phone/DSL bundle directly from AT&T as well as some rebates and/or VISA giftcards. In fact, as AT&T also bundles DirecTV for customer who can't get Uverse TV, you could have probably gotten a better price on your DirecTV service from AT&T.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

jashikino wrote:

My suggestion is to cancel everything with DirecTV except the TV service, and the go directly to AT&T for your phone and internet service. Your DirecTV bill might be somewhat higher, but you'll get a much better deal getting your phone/DSL bundle directly from AT&T as well as some rebates and/or VISA giftcards. In fact, as AT&T also bundles DirecTV for customer who can't get Uverse TV, you could have probably gotten a better price on your DirecTV service from AT&T.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Installment fees and service activation

2 of 2 (543 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments