Helpful Links

Installation of an INid

Teacher

Installation of an INid

Ok does anyone here now from start to finish on an INid? What wires are going which places etc. I'm not to sure If my tech istalled it correctly when you compare it to my neighbors. Same INid. I also can't see hd content on Netflix or other services. It's not my devices because I used to have comcast and would stream in hd on multiple devices. I guess my question is the INid installation the problem?
Message 1 of 23
Teacher

Re: Installation of an INid

Also my I38hg is constantly losing services.
Message 2 of 23
Teacher

If it means anything wireless is horrible. Especially when Im trying to see a YouTube video.
Message 3 of 23
Employee

What services do you have? If TVs do they work? If phones do they work? If internet, can access and run speed test? Netflix how access ps3, wii, roku, smart TV?

Each install can be different based on product ordered, existing wiring and tech preferences but if all services are functioning issue is not with wiring.
If an internet device has trouble connecting check pass code setting, if hardwired how? If can see net flex and issue is with HD content not a tech install problem look for posts such as this http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Netflix-unwatchable-Internet-otherwise-fine/td-p/266416...

If you can post specific questions will try to answer, thanks
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 23
Employee

i38 losing services meaning broadband, service lights go out and reconnect? Or they stay green but wireless connection dropping?

If broadband issue? Are you losing TV service too, phones? If so, most likely issue with sync download uvrealtime and post results

http://www.uvrealtime.com/ this is not a uverse program but from somejoe7777, a member here, that helps to identify possible line issues
and identify if? a tech dispatch is needed.

If broadband , service lights stay green how big is house? Is IU centrally located? Is signal strength strong? Does signal have to go thru metal such as a refrigerator or freezer or microwave to get to your device(s)?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 23
Teacher

I have att uverse Internet only. 12 Mbps down 1 up. Netflix is on laptop, ps3, and Xbox 360. Can't get hd content. It just stays at 420p.

The service lights go out on the i38hg. Making me restarting it or turning the inid of just to get service.

The link is not working. Is uvrealtime for Mac? If not than I have to barrow a laptop.
Message 6 of 23
Teacher

How would you insert pictures? I have a couple on the inid and nid wiring. The wires are everywhere!
Message 7 of 23
Teacher

Everything is hardwired by cat5 except for the laptop.
Message 8 of 23
Expert

JRG135 wrote:
How would you insert pictures? I have a couple on the inid and nid wiring. The wires are everywhere!

On the reply page, use the little tree just above where you type, next to the chain link. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 9 of 23
Teacher

I dont see the tree!!Smiley Sad I see the chain link but not the tree. Is there uvrealtime for mac?

Message 10 of 23
Teacher

Message 11 of 23
Teacher

Message 12 of 23
Employee

UV is not Mac per se, without UV but partial description of problem with losing broadband likely have outside line issue causing RG to reboot but could be loose connection,faulty power supply, faulty inside wiring .... did tech leave his number, would you feel comfortable with the tech return visit (call him direct) if not recommend contact tier support for new tech visit to verify installation. This is to address loss of service.

Your Netflix issue is something different not a part of wiring or install as you can connect to Netflix, perhaps others can point to streaming HD issue.
Employee Contributor*
Message 13 of 23
Teacher

my thoughts wrote:
UV is not Mac per se, without UV but partial description of problem with losing broadband likely have outside line issue causing RG to reboot but could be loose connection,faulty power supply, faulty inside wiring .... did tech leave his number, would you feel comfortable with the tech return visit (call him direct) if not recommend contact tier support for new tech visit to verify installation. This is to address loss of service.

Your Netflix issue is something different not a part of wiring or install as you can connect to Netflix, perhaps others can point to streaming HD issue.

Should i ask the tech to redo the wiring? Minimize those little things that look like stop signs? Ill try to find a way to use UV. What are the benefits with UV?

Message 14 of 23
Employee

Does not look pretty, cannot follow wires so let's talk basic install and not your specific situation.

1) NID is removed inid installed, needs cat3 drop either two or six pair from serving terminal. Ground wire attached to electrical ground, if buried drop also grounded.
2) standard color pair. Blue pair is line 1, orange pair is line 2, to red/green out to left. Top filter removed, hpna filter installed
3) from hpna connection cat5 cable (normally green pair is used) to IU connection, either jack or plug installed to connect to i38hg.
4) voip and/or security system into other connections on filter, if pots line also connected at filter.
5) if 2nd voip line use bottom filter
6) coax connector is used for TV service on coax feed
7) far right is power supply connection normally brown pair may be in same cat5 cable feeding IU or separate cable (preferred)

Lights power, vdsl1, vdsl2 solid green, other lights if service is enabled green, if flashing data in use.
Voip requires battery installed in Power Supply battery light solid green, if no voip no battery, no light.

Your install Nid not removed (why? Addition pots line or security system on pots)
From pics orange pair line1 ok , cannot see line 2 protector being used green drop feed scotch locked to filter (no lightening fuse protection) gel filled protector bypassed
Standard filter left in place OK if no pots or voip on service order..........Appears 2nd green pair is being used to feed IU
Employee Contributor*
Message 15 of 23
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support