Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted May 6, 2014
5:37:24 PM
View profile
Insane Ping Fluctuations.

I am by no means a tech expert, so if anyone has a solution for this issue could you please put it in laymans terms. Thanks.

Okay, so about 2 weeks ago I got myself an Xbox One to play Online Multiplayer and in the beginning it was fine then about a couple of days ago it got extremely laggy and my ping would fluctuate between 80-800 mainly staying pretty high. I tried to reset my connection a couple of times but that didn't work. Changed CAT-5 Cables and it wasn't that, went Wireless and still the same old problem. I even port forwarded the ports needed for Xbox One but to no avail.

Can anyone give me a solution please? As of now, I have a 450 dollar paperweight and am looking to remedy that.

I am by no means a tech expert, so if anyone has a solution for this issue could you please put it in laymans terms. Thanks.

Okay, so about 2 weeks ago I got myself an Xbox One to play Online Multiplayer and in the beginning it was fine then about a couple of days ago it got extremely laggy and my ping would fluctuate between 80-800 mainly staying pretty high. I tried to reset my connection a couple of times but that didn't work. Changed CAT-5 Cables and it wasn't that, went Wireless and still the same old problem. I even port forwarded the ports needed for Xbox One but to no avail.

Can anyone give me a solution please? As of now, I have a 450 dollar paperweight and am looking to remedy that.

Insane Ping Fluctuations.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2014 2:56:49 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @Trithius,

I apologize for the issues you are having with your online services. I will definitely like to help. One thing that has helped Xbox One users in the past is changing their DNS address. I know when the Xbox One first launched, users were having issues with updates taking a long time, and after changing it, it helped out a lot.

The one that we suggested back then was to use Google's DNS: 8.8.8.8

Hope this helps.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi @Trithius,

I apologize for the issues you are having with your online services. I will definitely like to help. One thing that has helped Xbox One users in the past is changing their DNS address. I know when the Xbox One first launched, users were having issues with updates taking a long time, and after changing it, it helped out a lot.

The one that we suggested back then was to use Google's DNS: 8.8.8.8

Hope this helps.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Insane Ping Fluctuations.

2 of 2 (152 Views)