Ask a question

Posted Feb 24, 2013
    11:18:27 AM
    View profile
    Initial contract expiring soon

My initial 1 year contract is about to expire, will my service continue or will someone contact me? 

Initial contract expiring soon

10 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (10)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 24, 2013 2:20:48 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

Your U-verse service will continue at the current regular rates.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Initial contract expiring soon

2 of 11 (1,457 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 25, 2013 9:51:29 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

I think this is the same question I have, but I want to verify just in case. 

My inital contract is also expiring after this month, but it was a promo offer.  Will service continue at the regular rates on a month by month basis until I cancel, or do I need to sign up again?  We just have a few months left in our apartment lease, so I don't want to sign up for the 6 mo/12 mo contracts.

3 of 11 (1,371 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 25, 2013 10:19:06 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

It will go up to normal rates until you cancel

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (1,363 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 25, 2013 11:47:33 AM
    (0)
    Adventurer
    My initial contract ends in April. Today I got a refund check in the mail from AT&T for $29. The letter states it is a refund of credit on final bill. I have tv, Internet and home phone. Does anybody know what this is for? Is it maybe from when I changed from AT&T phone and Internet to uverse? If so it took a year to refund the money. By the way I have not cancelled my uverse service. Thanks

5 of 11 (1,346 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 25, 2013 12:00:21 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Erhodes64 - Does the letter or check have your tel number or the acct number from that acct?

The amount does sound like it could be the prorate credit when you canceled the POTS account.

Call POTS customer service and ask.

6 of 11 (1,340 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 25, 2013 3:20:47 PM
    (0)
    Adventurer
    It has my phone number plus 3 more digits listed as the account number. I think this is from my old AT&T service before I changed to uverse.

7 of 11 (1,320 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 25, 2013 3:21:55 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Seems to be.

8 of 11 (1,316 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 26, 2013 10:08:08 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Call the retention department and threaten to cancel and they will give you rentention offers to bring your bill down. Don't settle for $5 off here, $5 off there. Escalate and push for a better offer to stay. A lot of times they can usually come off $40 depending what your current non-promotional pricing is.

9 of 11 (1,270 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 21, 2013 12:54:37 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

My U-verse contract will expire soon. What insentive do I have to continue with U-verse. I need wireless, internet, mobile, phone,and T.V

10 of 11 (405 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 21, 2013 6:16:11 PM
    (0)
    Employee
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 11 (378 Views)